Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

cravings? always hungry?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM
  • 32 Replies
Any breastfed mommies have cravings? Samara is 8 months and I know I need more fruits and veggies (usually I prefer those) but they just dont seem to be hitting the spot. Maybe its because it doesnr have enough calories? I dont know, but I am always feeling hungry! I need carbs! Lol
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you! I am a chocoholic, but usually I love my fruits, veggies and legumes as well. Lately all I want is brownies with a nice cold glass of almond milk. I could eat a pan full of brownies every day!!! I'm usually very good about eating a balanced diet, but the past 2 weeks have not been great.....I suddenly have the urge to make pineapple upside down cake......for dinner! At least it has fruit in it! ;-)
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Protein and good fats are filling: meat, fish, nuts, beans, cheese, butter, avocado, coconut oil.
Merrick17
by Corrine on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweets. Got a sweet tooth while pregnant and never lost it!! M&ms usually do it for me.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Yum!

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: I'm with you! I am a chocoholic, but usually I love my fruits, veggies and legumes as well. Lately all I want is brownies with a nice cold glass of almond milk. I could eat a pan full of brownies every day!!! I'm usually very good about eating a balanced diet, but the past 2 weeks have not been great.....I suddenly have the urge to make pineapple upside down cake......for dinner! At least it has fruit in it! ;-)
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I get all those but butter (no diary) , also olive, hemp and flaxseed oil

Quoting MusherMaggie: Protein and good fats are filling: meat, fish, nuts, beans, cheese, butter, avocado, coconut oil.
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! My newest addition is only 3 weeks but I'm starving! It's frustrating because of course I want to get back in shape. I always go for healthy foods first but sometimes I break down and go for the sweet stuff. I had two brownies today, ugh! At least they were homemade lol.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM
A hot drink, (cocoa does double duty for cravings) helps me. But I'm also.an avowed carnivore.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Yes! I eat constantly and crave butter, coconut oil, and avocado. I figure mine's a calcium deficiency.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

It's way to hot here! lol

Quoting MusherMaggie: A hot drink, (cocoa does double duty for cravings) helps me. But I'm also.an avowed carnivore.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I love avocado (atleast its a fruit, right?)

Quoting MaryJarrett: Yes! I eat constantly and crave butter, coconut oil, and avocado. I figure mine's a calcium deficiency.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN