Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I am trying to fatten up the little princess lol. What are some good fatty foods for her. She loves avacado and sweet potatoes but will eat anything that doesn't eat her. Also I am not sure she knows when she is full. So about how much solids should I give her. Tonight she ate an ounce of avacado and an ounce of sweet potato (babyfood) and is now nursing like she hasn't ate today. I know the food isn't nessisarry but she wants it and it's a way to get more calories in her between nursing.
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Nurse first then give the foods.
I would do crock pot beef, eggs, avacdado, homemade sweet potatoe fries.
MinaPR
by Mina on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I gave my DD a desert of yogurt (full fat) and peanut butter. The peanut butter was homemade and chunky and she loved it. It is a high calorie desert and better than the fruit jars. (I did an allergy test before I gave her the peanut butter...).

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM

MEAT! Meat and eggs did the BIG weight gain for my guy...fully nursing and then avaados meat and eggs!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't wait so long because that can push off the next nursing and mean less BM taken in..think nurse, put in high chair feed her solids then nurse again to wash it down

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I nurse, wait an hour and feed her and then nurse soon after. Basically she is only eating solids when she normally would not be eating. She nurses about every 2 hours between 7am and 10pm and gets 2 meals a day. No restrictions at all. So she can have egg and dairy? She loves avacado so that's a plus
Quoting gdiamante:

You've actually hit on the main food; avocado. Make sure you're nursing first because there's more fat there than in anything else you give her. 

Are there any dietary restrictions or precautions that go with her illness?

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Yep!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Don't wait so long because that can push off the next nursing and mean less BM taken in..think nurse, put in high chair feed her solids then nurse again to wash it down

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I nurse, wait an hour and feed her and then nurse soon after. Basically she is only eating solids when she normally would not be eating. She nurses about every 2 hours between 7am and 10pm and gets 2 meals a day. No restrictions at all. So she can have egg and dairy? She loves avacado so that's a plus

Quoting gdiamante:

You've actually hit on the main food; avocado. Make sure you're nursing first because there's more fat there than in anything else you give her. 

Are there any dietary restrictions or precautions that go with her illness?

iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Thank you for the tips. I may try some meat tonight.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

MEAT! Meat and eggs did the BIG weight gain for my guy...fully nursing and then avaados meat and eggs!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM

ground beef and turkey are awesome because they crumble

linz04060913
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:01 AM

How old? I feed my dd until she wants to stop and then she nurses about 30min later. She doesn't eat a ton, but she's 16mo

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Gemma is what 7 months now? I lose track of time

Quoting linz04060913:

How old? I feed my dd until she wants to stop and then she nurses about 30min later. She doesn't eat a ton, but she's 16mo

iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Almost 8 months! Time flies

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Gemma is what 7 months now? I lose track of time

Quoting linz04060913:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)