Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Had to stop breast feeding:(

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:27 PM
  • 35 Replies
So I posted last week about breast feeding while having the flu. I did continue to BF but Saturday I was admitted to the hospital and found out my cancer is back. So unfortunately I had to stop BF. Baby girl is taking to the bottles pretty well until she comes to see me then she wants me. But on sunday they had to put me on antibiotics that are not okay for BF. And I start chemo tomorrow. I am so happy I was able to feed her for 7mo. She was pumped and fed breast milk the first 6 wks, then I was able to get her to latch. But at this point it is much better for both of us for me to get better. :) prayers/good thoughts are much appreciated for both of us.

Update-
So I had day 11 of chemo today which is my last day of round 1. Round 2 starts on the 17th of this month. Baby girl is starting to have some belly issues. But that may be because she is teething and her poor gums are swollen :( if it continues I may have to switch her to gentle formula, which is what our oldest had to be on as well. But she's also stressed. I mean she went from having me every second of every day to being at sitters, not having me but a few hours a day. I'm going to be in the hospital for a long while, they're talking late September early October. I may get out for a few days between treatment but that's undetermined right now and I will definitely be here for another 2wks. Thank you all for the support and well wishes.
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying for you, Mama! Pump and dump as needed to relieve engorgement and prevent mastitis. You have done so well!
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM

This!

Big hugs to you!

Quoting K8wizzo: Praying for you, Mama! Pump and dump as needed to relieve engorgement and prevent mastitis. You have done so well!

mommietwobe
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Prayers for you. You have done great.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Prayers and hugs! Great job mama!
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM
You are awesome good job mama! Good thoughts and prayers your way
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Hugs and prayers for you.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I admire the grace with which you posted that. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family as you kick cancer. May that same strength carry you all through.
LifesALilHectic
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Oh hun, I'm so sorry. I think she will forgive you for living instead of breastfeeding :) I'm glad you were at least able to keep those special moments for 7 months! My prayers are with you!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:28 PM

HUGS momma...your health is whats important, she will be fine! you did awesome

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:28 PM

consider buying some no more milk tea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN