Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing Sling?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm thinking about getting a nursing Sling or wrap and was looking for some suggestions and first hand experiences.

My lo is 4 months old now and weighs 12 pounds and 8 ounces.

I have a ErgoBaby carrier but it feels bulky and I just can't get her to nurse in it.

I need something just for nursing around the house so I can have my hands free for when my 5 year old needs me. Something comfortable and safe.

Any suggestions?
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my Ring Sling for nursing. It's the only carrier I nurse in these days.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I nursed all 4 of mine in my Maya Wrap ring slings.
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I made my own wrap bc I wanted to test before spending the money on the woven wrap. Remi is five months and I can't stand the moby anymore. I nursed him really easily at soccer practice today in it.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I love ring slinsg by sleeping baby production

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a "ring-slinger" as well. I wore them in an upright position, with the sling pulled up tight, then loosened it enough to put them in the cradle position for nursing. I pulled them back up when they were through.
nicolett80
by Nicole on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info so far ladies!

I've seen some ring slings online and they are around $60-$70. Are there any a little less expensive?
LifesALilHectic
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:43 PM

They are on amazon for $36

Quoting nicolett80: Thanks for the info so far ladies! I've seen some ring slings online and they are around $60-$70. Are there any a little less expensive?

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
This! I couldn't get a thing done without my ring sling!!

Quoting MaryJarrett: I love my Ring Sling for nursing. It's the only carrier I nurse in these days.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I I made my own no sew ring along for around $15. One piece of fabric of an appropriate size (25-30" × 80-90") and some rings from slingrings.com. I got a curtain from target on clearance that is 30×80 for $6-8, and the sling rings were around $7. I choose two different fabrics, one thinner cotton woven material for summer($1-2), one thicker poly material for winter($5).

http://youtu.be/DLUwo1xaa3k

Quoting nicolett80: Thanks for the info so far ladies!

I've seen some ring slings online and they are around $60-$70. Are there any a little less expensive?
nicolett80
by Nicole on May. 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM
I've been so busy I haven't logged on in quite some time. So, I ended up getting a Boba wrap on Amazon for $35 and I love it. It's so soft and easy to put on. It's much more comfortable than the Ergo carrier. I have not tried nursing lo in it yet but found some YouTube videos on easy ways to do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN