Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

lactational vaginal atrophy??!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok this is my third breastfed baby and the only one who didnt tear me, AT ALL. she was born Jan 12th and ebf
tmi...
about an inch inside my vagina on the left wall it is a bit swollen and hurts just SO BAD for a week before and during my period (oh ya! I get a period now too which took a year with my other kids :( ) but doesn't hurt during sex so that's good.
My OB Said it was due to lactation and should hopefully go away after nursing is over so I have another year an a half to deal with it sigh...anyone else deal with this?!
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krusesbaby
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Oh and no tampons for me now because of the pain. And I hate pads.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a similar problem after my first. My Dr tried to prescribe Premarin, an estrogen cream and a no - no during breastfeeding so I had the sense to not use it. The issue got considerably better between 9 months and a year, as nursing was decreasing some and baby sleeping longer spells. I couldn't use tampons either so I was using Instead cups.
krusesbaby
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Omg thank you! I thought I was going insane. And it's just in the one area. So swollen!
Upside dd sleeps from 9:30pm after nursing till 6-8am!! Love her!

Quoting mostlymaydays: I had a similar problem after my first. My Dr tried to prescribe Premarin, an estrogen cream and a no - no during breastfeeding so I had the sense to not use it. The issue got considerably better between 9 months and a year, as nursing was decreasing some and baby sleeping longer spells. I couldn't use tampons either so I was using Instead cups.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I'd guess that's why your period snuck back early. My babies were not hitting 5 hours until well past a year.

I had such pain I went to another OB thinking maybe something need to be fixed down there and she said it was just a matter of time. However I was a wreck in the sex dept. because of it. I'm sure it's one of the million things screwed up by hormones. And you might have a blood flow thing. Sure it's not a vein, like a bulging hemorrhoid? Is it the back wall of the vagina?

Quoting krusesbaby: Omg thank you! I thought I was going insane. And it's just in the one area. So swollen!

Quoting mostlymaydays: I had a similar problem after my first. My Dr tried to prescribe Premarin, an estrogen cream and a no - no during breastfeeding so I had the sense to not use it. The issue got considerably better between 9 months and a year, as nursing was decreasing some and baby sleeping longer spells. I couldn't use tampons either so I was using Instead cups.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Didn't experience this myself, but I'm wondering if Tucks pads or Preparation H would help?
krusesbaby
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Nope. Right at the opening tonthe left side aboit a quarternin diameter and swollen. Only one week before and during my period.

All my kids have slept good at night. She nurses every 3hrs in the day. Maybe my PCOS is under control nownthough. I did loose 35# so far and my . Is normal every 26days and it used to be spiradic like 3-8mo inbetween.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I'd guess that's why your period snuck back early. My babies were not hitting 5 hours until well past a year.

I had such pain I went to another OB thinking maybe something need to be fixed down there and she said it was just a matter of time. However I was a wreck in the sex dept. because of it. I'm sure it's one of the million things screwed up by hormones. And you might have a blood flow thing. Sure it's not a vein, like a bulging hemorrhoid? Is it the back wall of the vagina?

Quoting krusesbaby: Omg thank you! I thought I was going insane. And it's just in the one area. So swollen!

LifesALilHectic
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:18 AM

I'm so jealous of the ladies that dont get periods for months after delivery :( I BF'ed my youngest and got my period after like a month :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN