Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing during pregnancy

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM
  • 3 Replies

Pippi nursed the entire pregnancy with Ev, but never told me it was yucky or gave any indication on flavour changes at any point.  A few weeks ago I started expressing colostrum for Ev since she was showing interest again (been weaned for 10 months now) and figured she really needed the immune boost while hopefully being able to tolerate such a small amount.  She got addicted!!!  But the past few days since I turned 37 weeks and I've had a huge increase in colostrum, she's decided it's "yucky."  Even though she's always asking, she'll take a drop or two, then say yucky, ask to have the other side, take a drop or two, then declare that one yucky as well.  Then she gets mad :(  Is there really that much of a difference between colostrum???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Yes! And you would think she would like it more, but some don't. She may like it better once the baby is born and your milk comes back in.
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, there is. I got lucky, ds had no problems nursing the entire pregnancy with dd, he never mentioned any changes in flavor. So far, no changes this time either, but it's still very early. I hope dd doesn't wean. Ds is 2, that'd be ok, but my youngest is only 3 months, I'm not crazy about the idea of formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I can't imagine it would taste that horrible compared to her elemental formula lol. Crazy girl!

Quoting MusherMaggie: Yes! And you would think she would like it more, but some don't. She may like it better once the baby is born and your milk comes back in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)