Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Depressed... *edit feeling better*

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:08 AM
  • 31 Replies
I just had my son April 29th and at first I thought he was doing well with feeding... Now he's been going between eating continuously for hours and not wanting anything. I feel like I don't make enough when he goes from one side to another for hours. I almost want to give up. I breastfed my first son till 6 months and I'm afraid this time it's going to be allot sooner....

Is him feeding for hours meaning I don't make enough milk? :(

*** after going to the doc I feel so much better! He was born 7lbs 10oz on April 29th, he weighed 6lbs 15oz on May 2nd and then today he was 7lbs 4oz! I still don't feel like my breasts are "full" like the doc is asking but he said clearly there's enough! :) ***
by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 6, 2014 at 7:22 AM
How are diapers? At least 6 a day with 2 of those being poops the size of a quarter? If so, he's getting enough.
PolishMamma2
by Marta on May. 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this
No, not necessaraly. Him nursing alot right now is good because he is building your supply. Breastmilk is made by supply & demand.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 6, 2014 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

feeding him for hours means he is a newborn...thats all it means

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Lots of pees and no poops for like two days. He goes to the doc today for NB screen so I'm gonna ask again there.

Quoting K8wizzo: How are diapers? At least 6 a day with 2 of those being poops the size of a quarter? If so, he's getting enough.
Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Thanks, with my first son he didn't eat like this ((course my first was born farther along and smaller so maybe that has to do with it))

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

feeding him for hours means he is a newborn...thats all it means

Cassie2115
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Mine was the same way and I almost gave up because it's hard to nurse while taking care of 3 more under 5. We made it through and we're still going strong.
Mine is 5 months and has never pooped every day. It's usually 2-4 times a week.
Analugojana
by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
He should still have at least 2 small poops a day at this age. Has he been checke for ties? Contact a IBCLC and have her look for lip and tongue ties. You can also take photos of your son's mouth, one wigh the upper lip rolled up and another one when he cries. We might be able to spot ties.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Constant feeding is normal. Not pooping is NOT, not this early... definitely check for ties.

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM
He probably does have tongue tie because his dad, brother and me all have tounge tie. Mine being the worst. I asked the doc he's gained 4 oz so could it have been my milk wasn't coming in and now it is?

Quoting Analugojana: He should still have at least 2 small poops a day at this age. Has he been checke for ties? Contact a IBCLC and have her look for lip and tongue ties. You can also take photos of your son's mouth, one wigh the upper lip rolled up and another one when he cries. We might be able to spot ties.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 6, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Takes as long as six days for milk to come in. If he gained FOUR OUNCES in a week where he's supposed to lose weight, then you have super-milk. But no poop is concerning. Any chance dad's changed poopies without telling you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN