Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Co-sleeping & reverse cycling...

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have the sweetest little 7month old, that has officially moved into DH and I's bed. She used to sleep at least a few hours in her side-car-ed pack and play bassinet, but now she will pretty much only sleep on me, with the Breastmilk buffet open all night long. This has been going on for about a month, since daycare startedz She seems to be reverse cycling and drinking less and less of her bottles at school, only about 6 oz in a 10 hour-12 hour time frame. So I am assuming she must be filling up at night, right?

I do worry I will have this child I our bed until teen years, will she eventually just lose the need to nurse and co-sleep? Is reverse cycling at this later infant age considered normal? Should Try constantly to give her a binky more at night to encourage day feeding?
by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Reverse cycling is better for you and your supply. They do outgrow the need to co-sleep as well.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Yeab normal :) i have 4 kids, all bedshared with us. Two are completely out of our bed (7 and 5 yr old) but I dont stop parenting at night and if they need me they can get me. Its not very often, but on occasion one with have a nightmare or something. So, it wont last forever. Enjoy it while it lasts :)
polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM
That sounds totally normal. Most likely she'll want to nurse all night longer because she can't nurse as much during the day. Depending on what time you get home you can wear her and let her cluster feed for a few hours before bedtime giving you a few hours of her sleeping by herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Sounds normal. I parent 24/7 here.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM

All normal stuff, and it's actually not late for her to do this. She WILL outgrow it. You'll be tired of it before she does, though.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 10, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Yep! 😊

Quoting MusherMaggie: Reverse cycling is better for you and your supply. They do outgrow the need to co-sleep as well.
Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:53 AM
She will out grow co-sleeping. My son co slept exclusively till he was 1 or older and he is just fine sleeping in his own bed now. No crying or hard nights to transition.
Marti123
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I wish, the little princess has decided to protest the mei tei & Ergo, too confining for her taste!! Frustrating, but it's ok, it's short phase in the scheme of life.

Quoting polkaspots: That sounds totally normal. Most likely she'll want to nurse all night longer because she can't nurse as much during the day. Depending on what time you get home you can wear her and let her cluster feed for a few hours before bedtime giving you a few hours of her sleeping by herself.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:40 PM
It is for some kids. My two year old still gets worn in the evening, but although he's still nursing he's content to sit on my back instead of on my front since he's too big to nurse upright in the carrier.

Quoting Marti123: I wish, the little princess has decided to protest the mei tei & Ergo, too confining for her taste!! Frustrating, but it's ok, it's short phase in the scheme of life.

Quoting polkaspots: That sounds totally normal. Most likely she'll want to nurse all night longer because she can't nurse as much during the day. Depending on what time you get home you can wear her and let her cluster feed for a few hours before bedtime giving you a few hours of her sleeping by herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poosey08
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM

That's normal. My little guy did that for a long time. He starts out in his bed now and just comes and gets me around 3 and then I go sleep with him the rest of the night. I know you're exhausted, but it will get better. Enjoy the snuggles!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)