Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Milkies milk savers.

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
Has anybody used them before? I'm putting together a nursing gift basket for my cousins baby shower. It's her first and she hopes to breastfeed. I leaked like crazy when my milk came in. Are these helpful or just nice in theory?

I'm also including:
A fleece tie blanket for tummy time
Coconut oil
Reusable nursing pads
So That's What They're For and The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
A water bottle with a straw
Some easy snacks
Some sleepers for baby
A lillebaby baby carrier

Any other suggestions?
by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Looks like a good list. And yes to the milkies. Never came across anyone who didn't like them.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't think of anything else to add to that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hnischke
by Heather on May. 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Awesome! I didn't even know they existed until I was past that stage.

Quoting gdiamante:

Looks like a good list. And yes to the milkies. Never came across anyone who didn't like them.

MedicturnedMama
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I would add some burp rags/thin receiving blankets. I might also consider a nursing pillow if she isn't getting one already or an extra cover, and maybe a cover for when she is in public.
RyansMommie07
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Yes to the Milkies, maybe add a nursing friendly baby carrier? I had a sling type one with an extra piece of fabric that served as a cover. I loved it.
hnischke
by Heather on May. 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I'm getting an outfit set that comes with recieving blankets. I think she already has a pillow. I'll let her decide if she wants a cover or not. Thank you for the input!

Quoting MedicturnedMama: I would add some burp rags/thin receiving blankets. I might also consider a nursing pillow if she isn't getting one already or an extra cover, and maybe a cover for when she is in public.
hnischke
by Heather on May. 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Awesome! I wish I knew about the milkies when I needed them. I wasted sooo much milk lol. The lillebaby starts at 7lbs and has a privacy hood. In order to nurse in it you just loosen the straps and lower baby down to breast level. It's a nice carrier.

Quoting RyansMommie07: Yes to the Milkies, maybe add a nursing friendly baby carrier? I had a sling type one with an extra piece of fabric that served as a cover. I loved it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)