Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Need some advice! Colostrum

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM
  • 9 Replies
Okay so I am currently still nursing my 21 month old, also I'm 24 weeks pregnant, I noticed 3 weeks ago that I stopped producing milk and started producing colostrum, my son nursing a few times a day and his diapers have been more like a new borns poop, now I know colostrum makes his poop more runny, I'm just worried that that's not good for him, I took him to the doctor they tested his poop and all was good but he does about 2 blow outs a day, and I'm just concerned, should I stop nursing? Anyone experience this too?
by on May. 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Colostrum is perfectly fine for him--it's full of lots of good stuff.  No need to worry at all. :)  Continue to nurse as long as both of you would like.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I did with my son. Not a big deal.
yellow14
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Did he have runny stools for awhile??

Quoting MusherMaggie: I did with my son. Not a big deal.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 19, 2014 at 12:01 AM

What they said!^^ Went through the same thing with DS1 when pregnant with DS2, they are both still nursing at 33 & 7 1/2 months! No worries! :-)

ceckyl
by Kyla on May. 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM

It's normal. I believe colostrum is a bit more of a laxative than regular bm because it helps newbies pass mec. 

polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:44 AM
That happened to ds too. I was very happy when my milk came in again and he started having normal toddler poops, as he's still in cloth diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellow14
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Thank you ladies, I am at at ease now!
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Very normal :)
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 19, 2014 at 4:20 PM
This!

Quoting K8wizzo:

Colostrum is perfectly fine for him--it's full of lots of good stuff.  No need to worry at all. :)  Continue to nurse as long as both of you would like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)