Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Welcoming Maisy :)

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:57 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Maisy Ann was born Thursday and is the first of the girls to be able to latch!  Unfortunately, her ties are still interfering and she's unable to get enough, the pain is also excrutiating at the beginning of the feeds.  I started pumping and will begin her supplements tonight as she's not passing her meconium yet, nor making diaper counts.  She eats all the time and I can hear her swallowing, plus she's the first to show actual hunger signals.  I am praying her revision works and we can get her in soon!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Oh geez I hope it gets better! She hasn't passed the moconium yet?? Have you talked to the dr??
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:08 PM
See if you can get an SNS (Supplemental Nursing System) so she can receive your supplemental milk at the breast. Kellymom.com has information on this.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Her appointment is tomorrow, but after going through this with my other two, I think I can get her fixed up by then!  Today is the first day she hasn't pooped, so I'm sure she's close to passing it.

Quoting pinkfairy0206: Oh geez I hope it gets better! She hasn't passed the moconium yet?? Have you talked to the dr??

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM

We have a LactAid, I think she'll do much better with that than the others did.  I was so hoping she'd do ok since she seemed to be nursing so well, but I guess not :(

Quoting MusherMaggie: See if you can get an SNS (Supplemental Nursing System) so she can receive your supplemental milk at the breast. Kellymom.com has information on this.

Seximama23
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
She is precious
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the fold Miss Maisy!!! She's a doll :-)
MinaPR
by Mina on May. 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful baby! Congrats!!
Merrick17
by Corrine on May. 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Love, love, love her name, she is darling!!! Oh man, now I know what moms mean when they say they miss that age. My first lo is 7.5 months and it's hitting me how fast it flies.

Gl with the ties, my lo had them too and it was rough for awhile.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on May. 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Soo cute! Love her name!
LifesALilHectic
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww... super cute and I love her little chin :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)