Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's going on

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
So I'm not really leaking anymore and one nipple actually stuck a little to the breast pad so I thought my milk was drying and decided to pump because I had stopped pumping well I got like 3-4oz on each side before I stopped pumping I was getting like 6oz each side , am I making enough milk when I feed her some times she its so much she chokes because its like it squirts , but just want to make sure my milk isn't drying because before I was leaking through breast pads now sometimes I don't even spot one.bis this normal when you stop pumping.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Normal pump output for a MISSED feeding is .5-2oz.  You're producing far more than that.

You're not drying up, your milk is regulating to produce as much as your baby needs.  Diaper count is the only way to tell, so if diaper count is good you're good.

I never leak milk after the first few weeks. 

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM

This.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Normal pump output for a MISSED feeding is .5-2oz.  You're producing far more than that.You're not drying up, your milk is regulating to produce as much as your baby needs.  Diaper count is the only way to tell, so if diaper count is good you're good.I never leak milk after the first few weeks. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM

This means your body has figured out how to control letdowns and leaking and regulated a bit..thats awesome.  Everything is fine momma.  Milk doesnt just dry up if you nurse on demand, thats a HUGE myth

cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Thanks I started getting scared she's def doing good on diaper count

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Normal pump output for a MISSED feeding is .5-2oz.  You're producing far more than that.You're not drying up, your milk is regulating to produce as much as your baby needs.  Diaper count is the only way to tell, so if diaper count is good you're good.I never leak milk after the first few weeks. 

cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Thank you

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

This means your body has figured out how to control letdowns and leaking and regulated a bit..thats awesome.  Everything is fine momma.  Milk doesnt just dry up if you nurse on demand, thats a HUGE myth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)