Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will be gone for 2 days...

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
How much milk should I leave? Dd will be just barley 6 months then. I don't know if she will be taking solids at that point, probably not much if any. We will be gone certainly for at least 1 whole day, 1 night and possibly 1 additional day.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mazie0723
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Start keeping track of what she eats in a 24 hour period and triple it just to be safe.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:01 PM
2 days equals 48-60ozs max.
norahsmommy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Ok good to know. I need to start 2 pumping sessions a day or maybe 3. Right now I jat pump occasionally and only have 7 oz in the freezer. We aren't going until July 11, so I have some time.

Quoting shortyali: 2 days equals 48-60ozs max.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Yes. I would add a session in the morning, every morning, 7 days a week. Figure if you can store 2-3ozs a day extra then you will have more than enough.

Quoting norahsmommy: Ok good to know. I need to start 2 pumping sessions a day or maybe 3. Right now I jat pump occasionally and only have 7 oz in the freezer. We aren't going until July 11, so I have some time.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:11 PM
And even on the off chance that baby is taking some solids this amount of milk is still required. The solids are in addition to, not instead of, any milk (and first year solids are for fun anyway not nutrition).

Quoting norahsmommy: Ok good to know. I need to start 2 pumping sessions a day or maybe 3. Right now I jat pump occasionally and only have 7 oz in the freezer. We aren't going until July 11, so I have some time.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:13 PM
That's just over a month, so aim for 2 ounces in the mornings and you'll be golden. Freeze in 2 to 3 ounce servings to discourage overfeeding.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Also leave a copy of "Bottlefeeding the Breastfed Baby" from Kellymom.com for your caregiver.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM

48-60oz for 2 days gone

gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Quoting Mazie0723: Start keeping track of what she eats in a 24 hour period and triple it just to be safe.

Although if you're feeding at the breast it's going to be hard to do that, since we don't come with ounce markers! **grin**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)