Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bob Evans rights a wrong

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

Saw this and thought it was great from the Bob Evan's Facebook page. What do you think?

At Bob Evans Restaurants, we like to say that we ‘treat strangers like friends, and friends like family.’ Recently, we treated one of our guests, a nursing mother, with less than the heartfelt hospitality our employees pledge to bring to each table, each day. We support the rights of nursing mothers, and would like to offer our sincere apologies to our guest for her recent experience. We are re-educating our teams on local statutes to ensure education and awareness of the rights of nursing moms. We are proud to host the Nurse-In being planned at our Dale Mabry location this Saturday, June 7, and will offer any nursing mother a complimentary meal. We will also donate 10 percent of the day’s receipts to an organization of the affected guest’s choosing. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate our support for these moms in their efforts to raise awareness.

- Brian Carney 
Senior Vice President
Bob Evans Restaurants

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cp428
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that's great! (Also funny to me b/c if they're talking about their Dale Mabry location, that's local to me - maybe I should go! lol)

I like that they took action not only to apologize but go one step further with a nurse in & re-educating their employees.

hapababies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:02 PM
What state is Dale Mabry in?

Quoting cp428:

I think that's great! (Also funny to me b/c if they're talking about their Dale Mabry location, that's local to me - maybe I should go! lol)

I like that they took action not only to apologize but go one step further with a nurse in & re-educating their employees.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cp428
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Dale Mabry Boulevard is a major road in Tampa, FL

Quoting hapababies: What state is Dale Mabry in?

Quoting cp428:

hapababies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Thanks :). We always go to Bob Evans when we travel through Ohio. I wasn't sure if they were all over the place.

Quoting cp428: Dale Mabry Boulevard is a major road in Tampa, FL

Quoting hapababies: What state is Dale Mabry in?

Quoting cp428:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thundersky
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

wow that really puts them steps above the rest. i realy like they extra steps they are taking.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:18 PM
That's amazing. I feel like he took an honest ignorance of the law (by an associate) and made it a learning experience and I think the 10% to a charity of her choosing it totally above and beyond.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Nicki on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:58 PM

That's great! That's also not too far from me :)

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
That's the best response from a corporation I have ever seen. Kudos to them...though I never go there because the food doesn't impress me. Lol. Maybe we will take a ride and go to the one near us just because of this....
booaura
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM
That is awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN