Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does it bother anyone else the pregnancy group is sponsored...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM
  • 36 Replies
By Similac?!?!?

"Moms are talking about the benefits of formula feeding?"

"Moms are taking about why they've chosen to formula feed their little ones."

I have formula fed before but I definitely didn't WANT to and it hurt to do so. I think this type of advertising and the fact a formula company is sponsoring a group is sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MonarchMom22
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a for-profit website, making money off of advertising. So I make not surprised that a formula company wants to be on the forum for pregnancy. that is the direction of advertising and marketing today... Product placement in movies and TV, postings on websites - often in the guise of discussions groups, and targeted popups based on your web browsing history.

It doesn't bother me since I expect it as a business model.  

Hospitals and doctors giving samples, or displaying advertising is another story.  That suggests strongly that they endorse formula feeding.  

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

The ads are all over the site, even in this group.  Dont' criticize CM or your post goes POOF

KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM
They can delete my post. I'm not saying CM sucks but they certainly would if they deleted my post for having an opinion...

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

The ads are all over the site, even in this group.  Dont' criticize CM or your post goes POOF

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I know it's about money but it just bothers me...

Quoting MonarchMom22:

This is a for-profit website, making money off of advertising. So I make not surprised that a formula company wants to be on the forum for pregnancy. that is the direction of advertising and marketing today... Product placement in movies and TV, postings on websites - often in the guise of discussions groups, and targeted popups based on your web browsing history.

It doesn't bother me since I expect it as a business model.  

Hospitals and doctors giving samples, or displaying advertising is another story.  That suggests strongly that they endorse formula feeding.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:25 PM
4 moms liked this
It does. Benefits of formula feeding? I've yet to see one.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:44 PM
6 moms liked this
I found it funny that most of the posts are bragging how convenient it is to formula feed. I would be willing to put money on the fact that not a one of them are mixing formula the correct way.
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Exactly and honestly when I ff my older two I didn't mix it correctly and it was STILL  not as convenient as bfing, 

Quoting shortyali: I found it funny that most of the posts are bragging how convenient it is to formula feed. I would be willing to put money on the fact that not a one of them are mixing formula the correct way.

winter27
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this
There are no benefits from formula feeding. It should be used as a last resort and advertised so.
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I did see that. I formula fed my son so it honestly doesn't bother me.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Sucks, but it is what it is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)