Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How long is the longest you've been away from your nurslings?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM
  • 29 Replies
I'm going on my honeymoon June 29-July 6. My son is almost 7 months old and still nursing. I'm so nervous that even if I pump the entire time, he won't want to nurse when I return home. How long have you been away from your little ones and did they nurse when you got back?
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Under 1, realistically under 2, I have never left a nursling for more then a 8hr shift.
Many moms have traveled for work. Key is staying to the 24-32oz a day with slow bottles and bottles never being an option from mom.
cp428
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Still nursing & under age one, the longest I've been away is 2 nights. Even when my daughter was a toddler and no longer nursing the longest I've been away from her so far was 4 nights for a work trip.

KaymommaDKT
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM

The longest I was away from my daughter while she was nursing was 9 days! I had enough in stock she was fine the days I was gone. However it wreaked havoc on my supply, I pumped as much as I could on the trip.  She latched on like normal as soon as I got back. Like nothing changed. Good Luck!

marissabrookee
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM
That makes me feel so much better. How old was she when you were gone for 9 days?

Quoting KaymommaDKT:

The longest I was away from my daughter while she was nursing was 9 days! I had enough in stock she was fine the days I was gone. However it wreaked havoc on my supply, I pumped as much as I could on the trip.  She latched on like normal as soon as I got back. Like nothing changed. Good Luck!

homeschoolmom9
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Ummm a hour
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
The first year, a couple hours. One of mine I left for about 6 hours or so to give birth (he was 19 months).
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Under a year? 4 hours. That was a one time thing that won't be repeated. Over a year? An hour. I don't leave my nursing babies unless no other choice.
KaymommaDKT
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

She was about 4 months so younger then yours! I am sure he will be fine! Especially if you two already have a solid Breastfeeding relationship!

Quoting marissabrookee: That makes me feel so much better. How old was she when you were gone for 9 days?
Quoting KaymommaDKT:

locaporbebe
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM
With this one I have only been away from him for 1 hour twice. I have no reason to be away and honestly have no desire to as of yet.
Jojie
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Nine hours, while I'm at work. you'll probably be okay if you are consistent with your pump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)