Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

With all the problems women are having I hope this brings you hope

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:58 AM
  • 26 Replies
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So I haven't been on in a long time and when I check this page I see allot I mommas saying they need help or are frustrated cause -I'm not gonna lie- it's hard to breastfeed for some of us! But here's some hope for the light at the end of the tunnel for all you struggling mamas:

My sons name is Knight. He was born April 29th at 7lbs10oz even though my due date was May 16th. (Making him 1 month early) after birth while still in the hospital he got down to 6lbs 5oz even tho he was continuously eating. The doc said maybe I should supplement and I turned here for help. With reassurance from you lovely ladies I kept to breast feeding. I took Knight to his first doc apt and he was at 6lbs 7 oz so the doc said nursing was going pretty well but we will check each week on his weight till he's one month cause he lost so much and I had concerns I wasn't making enough milk still because again he'd be attached for hours. Turning to you again it was suggested I might have oversupply which might have been what was wrong. I followed the advice given about block feeding (which hurt at first) but it stopped hurting and I could do regular nursing again pretty fast. So on June 3rd I went in to check on him and get gas drops for his colic I was asked something that made me smile and almost laugh: "are you bottle feeding him now, he's gotten so big" he weighed 10lbs 7oz!

He's defiantly a happy healthy baby now and I wanted to thank this group or all it's support and hopefully inspire some that are having a hard time to not give up. (I did supplement a few oz a day for a week but that doesn't mean I failed or gave up, I made sure my boy was cared for, so if the woman who mentioned she's trying everything to breast feed but feels like a failure if she can't: you are not a failure. You care for that baby regardless and while "breast is best" there's no shame in saying your body just can't. Keep up with pumping and I hope it gets better for you but if not YOU HAVE NOT FAILED.)
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
We love to hear success stories! Thanks for sharing. :)
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:12 AM
That is wonderful to hear mama! Thanks for sharing :)
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Great news!

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Thank you! :) he's now end with no supplementing or pumping needed. :) so happy!!

Quoting K8wizzo: We love to hear success stories! Thanks for sharing. :)
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great! TFS!

He is too cute! I love his name!! :-)
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Great job mama! :)
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!
What a cutie!!
Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Thank you! I like more unique names so both my boys are different. :)

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: That's great! TFS!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jun. 21, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Me too. My boys are Cruz and Coen. :-)

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: Thank you! I like more unique names so both my boys are different. :)

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I like them allot! :) did the C thing happen on purpous or did it just happen? My two have a theme I noticed after they where born, both mean a position of nobility. :) Rhyinn and Knight. If I have a third boy at some point I'm gonna keep the theme. :)

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: Me too. My boys are Cruz and Coen. :-)

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: Thank you! I like more unique names so both my boys are different. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN