Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does something look wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
  • 34 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Hello.
It's been a while since i posted....do you think something looks wrong/different with my 13 month old son's neck? A woman made a comment like oh his head sits on his neck... It really pissed me off and now I can't stop thinking about it. I thought all kids grew into their neck over time... Thanks ladies :) still breast feeding btw!
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm no professional, but he looks just fine to me!

And yay for "still" BFing! :-)
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Necks come in all shapes and sizes. Ignore that rude comment!

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM
He looks like he has a big head to body ratio to me. My kids all have 100% heads so I don't mean that to be a negative. His curls are also adding some volume. Some people are just obnoxious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terrilyne28
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't see anything wrong! My boy is 10 months on the 21st and my step grandbaby is almost 12 months and both of their necks are still pretty close to their shoulders. I honestly wouldn't worry about. Some people just never know when to keep their opinions to themselves. Using my tablet, I can't figure out how to upload a photo. It doesn't give me the option. Sorry.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:32 AM
4 moms liked this
Babies don't really have visible necks. That's why we're always wiping the milk curds, yogurt and puffs out of their neck folds that we didn't know we're in there. He looks completely neck normal to me. I have a very long neck and by the the time my no-necked babies are around 10 years old they have weirdly long necks, too. Babies are built weird: no necks, big heads, round bellies and bowed legs. It all works out.
Schnauzerlov869
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
He's adorably perfect!!!! Unsolicited advice and opinions are so fun aren't they?
Jessbech
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Thanks everyone. Yes, he does have a larger head in the 80th percentile compared to his short body (below first). I'm just super defensive bc he is so short (growth hormone deficient) and this same lady asked if he had dwarfism.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I would talk to your endocrinologist since he does have growth hormone deficiency; some types of dwarfism do go along with that. I was growth hormone deficient and have hypochondroplasia; my arms and legs, hands and feet are disproportionately small compared to the rest of me. I don't quite qualify as a "little person"; I'm about two inches too tall. This does run in families; my grandfather, father, two of my aunts and my son have all been affected.
Jessbech
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Did you have X-rays confirm hypo? His skeletal survey showed no bone abnormalities at 11 months old. What do you think? Do you believe he may be hypo given that information?

Quoting MusherMaggie: I would talk to your endocrinologist since he does have growth hormone deficiency; some types of dwarfism do go along with that. I was growth hormone deficient and have hypochondroplasia; my arms and legs, hands and feet are disproportionately small compared to the rest of me. I don't quite qualify as a "little person"; I'm about two inches too tall. This does run in families; my grandfather, father, two of my aunts and my son have all been affected.
Jessbech
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Are you on treatment? How much have u grown if so? Was the growth quick?

Quoting MusherMaggie: I would talk to your endocrinologist since he does have growth hormone deficiency; some types of dwarfism do go along with that. I was growth hormone deficient and have hypochondroplasia; my arms and legs, hands and feet are disproportionately small compared to the rest of me. I don't quite qualify as a "little person"; I'm about two inches too tall. This does run in families; my grandfather, father, two of my aunts and my son have all been affected.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN