Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

10lbs

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
I was so scared because I had stop pumping and just breastfeeding and I haven't been leaking anymore since , but my baby girl had her first dr visit at 5 wks yesterday and she went from 7lbs 10oz to 10lbs 2oz. Yayyy! But quick question ladies next week I'm starting a school that I will only be in for two weeks but its 4hrs a day so I will have to pump , once I'm done with school if I have milk left do I just dump it? Hope that didn't confuse anyone
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM
I wouldnt, just put it in the freezer :) congrats on a growing baby! :)
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM
You mean once your all done with school if you have any left dump it? No you can safely freeze milk up to 3-6 months in a normal freezer. Or donate any extra on human milk 4 human babies.
cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Precious333: I wouldnt, just put it in the freezer :) congrats on a growing baby! :)
cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Yes, and thank you .

Quoting shortyali: You mean once your all done with school if you have any left dump it? No you can safely freeze milk up to 3-6 months in a normal freezer. Or donate any extra on human milk 4 human babies.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You can donate it or save it in the freezer for convenience. I use leftover bottles for if I take too long doing something like shopping. I keep most of my milk in the fridge though, because it gets used quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Another neat thing I saw online the other day was save your milk in medicine droppers or something like that so that if you only need a small amount for scrapes, burns, infections or anything like that you only have a tiny amount to thaw instead of a huge bag.

Quoting cheetah90210: Yes, and thank you .
Quoting shortyali: You mean once your all done with school if you have any left dump it? No you can safely freeze milk up to 3-6 months in a normal freezer. Or donate any extra on human milk 4 human babies.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
EmDinger
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Can you just nurse right before and right after school?
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 19, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
For four hours, you may not even need much pumped milk. If you nurse right before you leave and as soon as you return, you would really only need 2-2.5 ounces to be given after two hours. She might even decide to just wait for you to get back.
cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Yes but she's unpredictable one minute she nurses every four hours then it's those days she wants to nurse on the hour

Quoting EmDinger: Can you just nurse right before and right after school?
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
But with nursing she can nurse for 20minutes and only take half an oz or 5minutes and take 3oz. With a bottle she'll be getting the 2-3oz.
I would nurse immediately before leaving. Pump once while gone and have caretaker offer a bottle of 2-3oz at the 2hr mark. No bottles the 2hrs before your return and nurse immediately when you get home

Quoting cheetah90210: Yes but she's unpredictable one minute she nurses every four hours then it's those days she wants to nurse on the hour

Quoting EmDinger: Can you just nurse right before and right after school?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)