Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

my doctor told me something I never expect

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:05 PM
  • 35 Replies
My doctor told me something I would never have guessed. So I went to the doctor about my arm pain and how my grandma died of cancer and had same pain, same diagnosis from doctors that brushed it off as hormones til someone said it was cancer. Well my doctor told me I'm too young I get cancer. That's the first thing that surprised me.

The second thing was more shocking...

I told her how anti social I was. I don't like talking to people, going out or anything. Then I told her my problem with counting. Then my doctor tells me something I'll never forget.

She says she thinks I'm autistic. Really?! I mean is she being mean or being serious. She described some situations and told me if I could relate. I could. So she's sending me I see a psych. Anyone been through this? In debating if I should go or brush it off and not go. I been told conflicting things that if I am autistic to some degree cps will take my kids or somethig and see me as unfit...ideas?
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this
#1 your NEVER too,young to get cancer.
#2 no i dont belive being autistic to some degree will have your kids taken away. Your functional. You drive a car, cook, take care of them, so no! Get a second opinion about your arm pain too.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:18 PM
3 moms liked this

#1. You are never, ever, too young to get cancer.  New doctor, please.

#2. Your children will not be taken away if/because you are autistic.  It won't hurt a thing to go see the psych.

Dreagon_Magos
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:19 PM
My sons autistic. It doesnt stop him from anything just antisocial and very quirky. Very literal too.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm definitely going to get a second opinion. The doctor told me when I have pain to come in that day so they can examine me. I wish she just run tests!

Quoting PolishMamma2: #1 your NEVER too,young to get cancer.
#2 no i dont belive being autistic to some degree will have your kids taken away. Your functional. You drive a car, cook, take care of them, so no! Get a second opinion about your arm pain too.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I'm don't like talking on phone. I text. I guess I'm very blunt or something when I talk to were I sometimes offend people but I don't realize it.

Quoting Dreagon_Magos: My sons autistic. It doesnt stop him from anything just antisocial and very quirky. Very literal too.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Just by talking to a psychologist will diagnose me? I was expecting like MRI or something.

Quoting K8wizzo:

#2. Your children will not be taken away if/because you are autistic.  It won't hurt a thing to go see the psych.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

MRIs can't "see" autism.  The psychologist will have you do a bunch of questionnaires, checklists, etc, and talk with you about things.  Your scores and ansers to questions will determine if you have autism.  It's not typically something that can be diagnosed in just one visit.

Quoting mama-smurf: Just by talking to a psychologist will diagnose me? I was expecting like MRI or something.
Quoting K8wizzo:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I know several people diagnosed with autism as adults. All functioning fine as parents and members of society. And babies can be BORN with cancer so you can never be too young for that diagnosis.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:55 PM
No, they can't take your children because you're autistic. It would be worth.checking into; there's a huge spectrum of severity. You may want to look up and message kajira on this forum. She is autistic and raising a daughter; she also.gave birth to micropreemie twins last month and lost one three weeks later.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Oh ok. Now I'm kinda curious to see what they do. Lol. I don't know anything about this besides they tested my son using MRI and they said he has asbergers

Quoting K8wizzo:

MRIs can't "see" autism.  The psychologist will have you do a bunch of questionnaires, checklists, etc, and talk with you about things.  Your scores and ansers to questions will determine if you have autism.  It's not typically something that can be diagnosed in just one visit.

Quoting mama-smurf: Just by talking to a psychologist will diagnose me? I was expecting like MRI or something.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN