Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

When did yours start?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • 16 Replies
Good morning ladies! With my first my breast where sore most of my pregnancy. And started producing towards the end of second tri. This time around I don't have sore breast and no change in size.... As most of you know supply went south after baby even though it seemed I had a good supply. When did y'all start filling up?
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I have never leaked during any of 5 pregnancies. My breasts get a bit larger (from A/AA to a B) and are sore through the second trimester but other than being able to express an occasional drip of colostrum I've never had any production to speak of until the day or so after birth.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Refresh my memory--what happened to your supply with your first?
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I've only leaked with one pregnancy. Successfully breastfed all my kids.
Prouddmama07
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM
He was in the nicu for 2 weeks. Supply dried up.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Refresh my memory--what happened to your supply with your first?
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM
That's right. You posted with the question about placental encapsulation :-). The NICU separation alone shouldn't have done that. Stress of traumatic birth didn't help, I'm sure. What pump were you using and how often did they have you pumping?

Quoting Prouddmama07: He was in the nicu for 2 weeks. Supply dried up.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Refresh my memory--what happened to your supply with your first?
Prouddmama07
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:51 AM
It was 7 years ago, think it was a advent but not sure. I was pumping every 2 hrs, then went to every hour when supply started dropping. Couldn't feed him at the breast due to his condition.

Quoting mostlymaydays: That's right. You posted with the question about placental encapsulation :-). The NICU separation alone shouldn't have done that. Stress of traumatic birth didn't help, I'm sure. What pump were you using and how often did they have you pumping?

Quoting Prouddmama07: He was in the nicu for 2 weeks. Supply dried up.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Several things to look at. What type of pump did you have and how often were you pumping? Also, have you been evaluated for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) or IGT (Insufficient Glandular Tissue)?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM

The Avent MANUAL is a wonderful pump but I'd NEVER use it for exclusive pumping for a preemie. I wouldn't even use Avent's double electric for that. I'd go Hygeia all the way.

Keep in mind, normal pump output is as little as half an ounce a session, normal max 2 ounces a session, and your baby needed about 24 ounces per day. 

It's quite possible you were in better shape than you knew. We see that daily.

Steph_G.
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I didn't leak during either of my pregnancies. 

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 28, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Im 33 weeks pregnant and i cant get anything out right now, and my ds stopped nursing when i was about 14 weeks along. Dont stress, not leaking doesn't meen your body isn't preparing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)