Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Anyone get their tubes tied

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM
  • 27 Replies

Has anyone in here gotten their tubes tied? If you did are you happy with it or have any complaints? If you got it done shortly after having your baby did it interfere with breastfeeding at all?

I am 100% done having kids and my husband is willing to get a vasectomy, but I am considering getting my tubes tied too so we really make sure that we have no more babies. My doctor said that since I am young my chances of having a negative reaction to the procedure is less than someone in their late 30s or 40s. I would just like to hear some experiences from people who have already done it. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM
My baby is 3 months old and I got my tubes tied during my csection with him. He is only 3 months but so far I have had no issues!! I haven't gotten a period yet so I'm not sure how that will be. It hasn't interfered with Breastfeeding at all, I actually have an oversupply. Good luck mama!

Hubby is loving stress free sex, and so am I. I knew I was done too and I hate birth control.
mommymonkey
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my tubes tied. Best decision I could have made.

My husband also got a vasectomy.

We were sure we don't want more kids.

smurfy88
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I signed a paper saying if I have an emergency c section that I want them to tie my tubes, but chances are I won't have a c section, I am 35 weeks and he is head down and ready to come out, so I would have to go back for the procedure.

I have heard all these horror stories about women having horrible experiences after, but I really don't want to leave any chances to get pregnant again!

Congrats on your baby! Hope your tubal keeps going smoothly!

Quoting Mommy_Natural: My baby is 3 months old and I got my tubes tied during my csection with him. He is only 3 months but so far I have had no issues!! I haven't gotten a period yet so I'm not sure how that will be. It hasn't interfered with Breastfeeding at all, I actually have an oversupply. Good luck mama! Hubby is loving stress free sex, and so am I. I knew I was done too and I hate birth control.

CafeMom Tickers
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Thank you! I've read horror stories on here, but everyone in real life that I know with a tubal has had positive experiences. Their only complaint is worse cramps during periods, but I haven't had mine yet. If that's the worst, I'll take it over another baby. He was my third csection and my uterus was very thin, my doctor didn't recommend I have any more and I am content with 3. I hope your delivery goes smoothly, congrats on your newest addition!!

Quoting smurfy88:

Thank you! I signed a paper saying if I have an emergency c section that I want them to tie my tubes, but chances are I won't have a c section, I am 35 weeks and he is head down and ready to come out, so I would have to go back for the procedure.

I have heard all these horror stories about women having horrible experiences after, but I really don't want to leave any chances to get pregnant again!

Quoting Mommy_Natural: My baby is 3 months old and I got my tubes tied during my csection with him. He is only 3 months but so far I have had no issues!! I haven't gotten a period yet so I'm not sure how that will be. It hasn't interfered with Breastfeeding at all, I actually have an oversupply. Good luck mama!

Hubby is loving stress free sex, and so am I. I knew I was done too and I hate birth control.

Dreagon_Magos
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Id let him get the vasectomy and call it done. I got a tubal in 03 had it reversed 13. I didn't have horrible experience but it does mess with your hormones.
smurfy88
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Thank you :-)

Quoting Mommy_Natural: Thank you! I've read horror stories on here, but everyone in real life that I know with a tubal has had positive experiences. Their only complaint is worse cramps during periods, but I haven't had mine yet. If that's the worst, I'll take it over another baby. He was my third csection and my uterus was very thin, my doctor didn't recommend I have any more and I am content with 3. I hope your delivery goes smoothly, congrats on your newest addition!!

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting Mommy_Natural: My baby is 3 months old and I got my tubes tied during my csection with him. He is only 3 months but so far I have had no issues!! I haven't gotten a period yet so I'm not sure how that will be. It hasn't interfered with Breastfeeding at all, I actually have an oversupply. Good luck mama!

smurfy88
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I'm worried that I might still get pregnant, I've heard of people getting pregnant still after a vasectomy.

Quoting Dreagon_Magos: Id let him get the vasectomy and call it done. I got a tubal in 03 had it reversed 13. I didn't have horrible experience but it does mess with your hormones.
mommys2babies
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my tubes ties after birth of my daughter. No issues with bf at All
Dreagon_Magos
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Only if you have sex before the time the dr says to wait. Vasectomy is actually more accurate than a tubal.

Quoting smurfy88: I'm worried that I might still get pregnant, I've heard of people getting pregnant still after a vasectomy.

Quoting Dreagon_Magos: Id let him get the vasectomy and call it done. I got a tubal in 03 had it reversed 13. I didn't have horrible experience but it does mess with your hormones.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I was going to get a tubal but my mom and my step mom both have told me they felt off after. Almost like a depression even tho both knew they were done having kids. I didn't want to chance it so I decided against it and got the Paragard instead (copper IUD). I know there is still a chance I could get pregnant but I would rather that then chance depression (family history of depression plus I've had ppd so don't want to chance it).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN