Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing Bra Questions?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dh is taking me to motherhood maternity for nursing bras this weekend. I am scheduled to have my csection not this Sunday but next(9 days). I'm very afraid of getting the wrong size bra. What if one that fits me this weekend won't fit when my milk come in next weekend. I remember my boobs getting huge with my last baby! So how do I know what the right size is?
by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorbinsMumma
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:54 PM
My breasts changed size for the first 3 months. Get a cheapy now and get a good one later
dressy3
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:55 PM
That's what I was thinking I might do. I remember them going back down to my normal size when she was a few months old.

Quoting CorbinsMumma: My breasts changed size for the first 3 months. Get a cheapy now and get a good one later
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:56 PM
This! My baby is 3 months and my breasts have finally stayed the same for awhile. They will be very big and engorged at first, but once your body adjusts things settle down lol. The bras I bought when he was first born are a little big now, but I still wear them because I'm too cheap to buy new ones!

Quoting CorbinsMumma: My breasts changed size for the first 3 months. Get a cheapy now and get a good one later
rfhsure
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Go to target and get a large cloth one. they're very comfortable and you don't have to worry about ruining a nice bra. I got mine a cup size larger than my natural size. Give it a few months for the feedings to even out before spending the money on a nice one. The local consignment store near my house sells them too at a really good price. I sold my motherhood nursing stuff to them.
dressy3
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Thank you for the advice!!! I didn't want to spend a bunch on bras that weren't going to fit in a couple months.

Quoting Mommy_Natural: This! My baby is 3 months and my breasts have finally stayed the same for awhile. They will be very big and engorged at first, but once your body adjusts things settle down lol. The bras I bought when he was first born are a little big now, but I still wear them because I'm too cheap to buy new ones!

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Smart! I would say you are safe to buy nursing tanks now though. I have one in every color and at home sometimes I just wear those with pads instead of bras. I still leak everywhere without nursing pads!

Quoting dressy3: Thank you for the advice!!! I didn't want to spend a bunch on bras that weren't going to fit in a couple months.

Quoting Mommy_Natural: This! My baby is 3 months and my breasts have finally stayed the same for awhile. They will be very big and engorged at first, but once your body adjusts things settle down lol. The bras I bought when he was first born are a little big now, but I still wear them because I'm too cheap to buy new ones!

dressy3
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Thank you. I suggested that to dh but he just doesn't get it! Lol! I really don't want to waste money. I do want good support though because my boobs are already big:/ I am a 32dd on a 5'6 127lb(prepregnancy) frame. I'm going to need good support!

Quoting rfhsure: Go to target and get a large cloth one. they're very comfortable and you don't have to worry about ruining a nice bra. I got mine a cup size larger than my natural size. Give it a few months for the feedings to even out before spending the money on a nice one. The local consignment store near my house sells them too at a really good price. I sold my motherhood nursing stuff to them.
rfhsure
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM
I've always been smaller chested (I was a d while nursing at my largest).

You know a good option if you want to go to motherhood too is to get one of their sports bras. That way you have great support but you also have more ambiguous sizing.

Quoting dressy3: Thank you. I suggested that to dh but he just doesn't get it! Lol! I really don't want to waste money. I do want good support though because my boobs are already big:/ I am a 32dd on a 5'6 127lb(prepregnancy) frame. I'm going to need good support!

Quoting rfhsure: Go to target and get a large cloth one. they're very comfortable and you don't have to worry about ruining a nice bra. I got mine a cup size larger than my natural size. Give it a few months for the feedings to even out before spending the money on a nice one. The local consignment store near my house sells them too at a really good price. I sold my motherhood nursing stuff to them.
dressy3
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I didn't think of that!!! Thank you!

Quoting rfhsure: I've always been smaller chested (I was a d while nursing at my largest).

You know a good option if you want to go to motherhood too is to get one of their sports bras. That way you have great support but you also have more ambiguous sizing.

Quoting dressy3: Thank you. I suggested that to dh but he just doesn't get it! Lol! I really don't want to waste money. I do want good support though because my boobs are already big:/ I am a 32dd on a 5'6 127lb(prepregnancy) frame. I'm going to need good support!

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I use nursing tanks underneath. My regular shirts. I find it easier to nurse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN