Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clogged ducts

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:24 AM
  • 7 Replies
I've been nursing, pumping, massaging and using warm compresses and nothing is working to unclog! Suggestions?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Dangle nursing always worked best for me!
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Same here

Quoting jrsmommy0427: Dangle nursing always worked best for me!
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Also, lecithin supplements-you can find them in the vitamin aisle.
jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I just had a clogged duct yesterday. So painful! I fill my bathroom sink with hot water, dangle my breast in it, and massage from armpit/top of breast to nipple for as long and as hard as I can stand it. I also nurse as much as my son will take. The best thing I've found is Therma-Care patches! It gives 8 hours of heat. I slap one of those on my breast over the clog and leave it for as long as I can stand it. I also get in the shower, lean over and massage that way. Also lots of ibuprofen. I've always been able to get rid of them in 24 hours or less. I used to get one every week. Thankfully mine is gone this morning and I'm just a bit sore from all the massaging.
I hope you feel better quick!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I had a clogast week. Dangle nursing, massage, warm compresses, and pumping. Took three days to get it out.
Gonzo318
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:48 PM
The therms patches are a great idea! I'll remember that next time! The baby was sleeping so I just kept massaging and pumping and finally I worked it out but I'm pretty sore today :-/

Quoting jeniprice: I just had a clogged duct yesterday. So painful! I fill my bathroom sink with hot water, dangle my breast in it, and massage from armpit/top of breast to nipple for as long and as hard as I can stand it. I also nurse as much as my son will take. The best thing I've found is Therma-Care patches! It gives 8 hours of heat. I slap one of those on my breast over the clog and leave it for as long as I can stand it. I also get in the shower, lean over and massage that way. Also lots of ibuprofen. I've always been able to get rid of them in 24 hours or less. I used to get one every week. Thankfully mine is gone this morning and I'm just a bit sore from all the massaging.
I hope you feel better quick!!
Gonzo318
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Yikes I think mines been brewing awhile. It's been sore for a few days anyway but last night it turned hard. Today it's just really sore. I hope it's gone!

Quoting hip2it: I had a clogast week. Dangle nursing, massage, warm compresses, and pumping. Took three days to get it out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)