Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stuck!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

Just had my baby on thursday and im having a hard time with my nips sticking to the breast pads. Im using 100% cotton reusable breast pads. I have done everything from hand drying, air drying, using my lansinoh cream, using breast milk, and trying to change the brand of pad.

When its time to feed the baby my nipple gets stuck to the pad and I find myself in tears slowly pulling it away from it. Its getting better, but I had scabs on each nipple from this.

Anyone ever experience this? Any advice for me?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
justbrittanyb
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Try putting on a thick layer of lansinoh after every feed and maybe try disposable pads
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRush
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM
I had the same exact thing with my first breastfeeding and the sticking hurt so bad i would cry while feeding him. I ended up stopping because of the pain. Well i found out my son wasn't latching on right which caused the scabs on my nipples it had nothing to do with the pads. Maybe getting a different or better latch will help with the problem. Good luck mama!
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Same reason here. Once we got the latch down and my nipples healed I didn't stick anymore.

Quoting MommyRush: I had the same exact thing with my first breastfeeding and the sticking hurt so bad i would cry while feeding him. I ended up stopping because of the pain. Well i found out my son wasn't latching on right which caused the scabs on my nipples it had nothing to do with the pads. Maybe getting a different or better latch will help with the problem. Good luck mama!
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Same here. My son had lip and tongue ties and would scrape off skin when he nursed. The scabs would stick to the pad or my bra and it would tear the skin off when I took it off. After we got his ties revised, it stopped happening.

Quoting MommyRush: I had the same exact thing with my first breastfeeding and the sticking hurt so bad i would cry while feeding him. I ended up stopping because of the pain. Well i found out my son wasn't latching on right which caused the scabs on my nipples it had nothing to do with the pads. Maybe getting a different or better latch will help with the problem. Good luck mama!
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Wet the pads with warm water until they loosen--do not just pull them off . Squeeze your areola and brush around his nose & mouth to encourage him to open wide when he latches on. Take a picture of his mouth with the top lip turned up and one with his mouth open, like when he's crying, so we can see if there are ties.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:38 AM

I was gonna say the SAME thing.  You can hand express with the pads on til they release too.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Wet the pads with warm water until they loosen--do not just pull them off . Squeeze your areola and brush around his nose & mouth to encourage him to open wide when he latches on. Take a picture of his mouth with the top lip turned up and one with his mouth open, like when he's crying, so we can see if there are ties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)