• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick and refusing the breast..and so many other problems...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

My DD is 14 months now. She has no teeth and a bunch of knobs on her bottom gums, so I think right now she's teething super hard. She ran a fever from Thursday until just today..she's been unconsolable...constantly wanting to be held and rocked to sleep which is unusual for her. She's miserable! My nursing problem has come into play becuase yesterday, she nursed at 6am then not again until 3pm (She normally nurses every 3 hours still) then again once before bed and then through the night on and off but not as much as usual. Today, she went from 8am-4pm without nursing. She won't even have any solids or her sippy cup. Ontop of worrying about dehydration, I don't know if I should be pumping in this long span of time shes refusing to nurse. I don't want my supply to dwindle because I know she isn't ready to wean. She was nursing like crazy just before this fussy spurt. So what should I do? Pump to keep my supply up or just let it go?

Also, have any of you moms had an expeirence with a bad reaction to the chicken pox vac? My doctor told us she could have a reaction up to a4-6 weeks after the fact and its been about 4 weeks...I'm wondering if this isn't teething but that...

Andddd.....what does this look like to you? I noticed it yesterday. A heat rash maybe? This is the biggest spot but she has a faint, faint area on her lower back where her diaper is as well...She's a hot mess =[

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:20 PM
It would be hard to tell with so many things going on at once. She's plenty old enough fo infant ibuprofen, which should make her more comfortable. I would make some frozen breastmilk cubes for her, or let some breastmilk freeze to a slushy consistency and offer it. My daughter would take cold watermelon when she felt bad like that, too.
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM

We were pushing Tylenol and Ibprofen ever 3 hours from Thursday until yesterday evening. It didn't seem to help other than to keep her fever down. I have been trying to avoid giving her medicine if possible today because I don't like giving her so much =[

Quoting MusherMaggie: It would be hard to tell with so many things going on at once. She's plenty old enough fo infant ibuprofen, which should make her more comfortable. I would make some frozen breastmilk cubes for her, or let some breastmilk freeze to a slushy consistency and offer it. My daughter would take cold watermelon when she felt bad like that, too.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets and amber teething necklaces can help.
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:35 PM

We tried the teething tablets and they made her puke..but the amber necklaces are something we haven't tried yet!

Quoting MusherMaggie: Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets and amber teething necklaces can help.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:24 PM

It's been an awful long time since she got vaxed, but about three percent of kids who get the vax DO come down with a mild form of chicken pox. Mine was one of them.

It's not LIKELY but it's possible.

ceckyl
by Kyla on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Did she also get the MMR vaccine?  That's a highly reactive vax. I know few little ones who have gotten rubella after their vaccine. My kids never had it though as my dd stopped breathing after her 4. Month shots, and after lots of research we decided no more vaccines for our kids. 

coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:26 PM
We figured it out, it's Roseola

Quoting MusherMaggie: Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets and amber teething necklaces can help.
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM
We figured it out it's Roseola

Quoting ceckyl:

Did she also get the MMR vaccine?  That's a highly reactive vax. I know few little ones who have gotten rubella after their vaccine. My kids never had it though as my dd stopped breathing after her 4. Month shots, and after lots of research we decided no more vaccines for our kids. 

coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM
It's Roseola just got a hold if a family friend that is a doctor

Quoting gdiamante:

It's been an awful long time since she got vaxed, but about three percent of kids who get the vax DO come down with a mild form of chicken pox. Mine was one of them.

It's not LIKELY but it's possible.

Inana
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Buy a box of cinnamon apple tea bags. Wet them and freeze. These are naturally sweet and taste good. It should help dull the teething pain but use Bayer or any other infant pain reliever. You can resoak the tea bags in cool water and use for the rest of the day
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)