Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

home from hospital. do I supplement

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
I just got home a bit ago. Ive nursed both sides but im sure he didnt get much. He is content to lay on my lap. Hes stull sucking his hands but not crying. Should I just leave him be or give him a an oz or so of breastmilk?
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:16 PM

What is diaper count? If he seems hungry just put him back to the breast.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I wouldn't, just snuggle up skin to skin and enjoy him. When he acts like he wants more, nurse again as often and for as long as he wants. Congrats! :)

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:17 PM
If he's happy I say let him be. If he starts acting hungry again put him back. :) maybe he only wanted a snack. :)
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Just nurse on demand.  He will let you know when he is hungry.  Just follow his lead.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM

This.  If diaper count is too low at the end of tonight, consider giving an ounce, but I really think you'll be just fine.  If he's inconsolable after nursing on both sides 3 times at a feeding, consider giving an ounce and see where you are.

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: If he's happy I say let him be. If he starts acting hungry again put him back. :) maybe he only wanted a snack. :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope. No supplementing. If he's sucking on his hand, give him the breast again. No timing! Breast one till he comes off on his own, burp, breast 2 till he comes off on his own, burp, back to brast one till he no longer wants it.

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm convinced that Ds just wanted to make sure the boob was still there with the way he'd pop on and off so much.
Tinyhourglass
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok thank you ladies. We are just going to go on up to bed & snuggle skin to skin.
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Enjoy the new stage..from birth to 4-6 weeks just know baby will just be content to live on the boobs
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Baby is 3 months old. Mom was in the hospital due to surgery and they made her pump and dump unnecessarily, so supply has dropped.

Quoting Seximama23: Enjoy the new stage..from birth to 4-6 weeks just know baby will just be content to live on the boobs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN