Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Finally got an okay pic of tongue and upper lip. I would like opinions plz :)

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So I was finally able to get okay pictures of his tongue and lip. And would love opinions about them before I go to the surgeon (still waiting on an appt) I just want to go in prepared and konwledgable about everything ya know
So what do y'all say???

Oh and just a little update about everything we went for follow up bloodwork to see how his liver enzyme levels are and I am waiting on a call back sometime between now and tmrw for the results of that. And we have a weight check appt on the 14th. Otherwise things are going great with our routine and I am slowly increasing his feeds so he gets full feeds.
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM
He appears to be both lip and tongue tied. Have you checked the resources sticky for the section on ties? Until you get them revised, using your pumped milk in an SNS could be vital to your supply and your nursing relationship.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:21 PM
You need to increase his feeding so he's getting 24 ounces per day minimum, and quickly.
SuprMom12042702
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM
That is what I am working on but if I feed him too much he spits a lot of it back up. We are up to 18oz a day that he is tolerating. And I am actively working on getting him to 24 oz a day. He should be to that by the end of the week.

Quoting MusherMaggie: You need to increase his feeding so he's getting 24 ounces per day minimum, and quickly.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:38 PM

HUGS momma yeah those are ties.  I think his tummy never got fully stretched like its supposed to be as a newborn so in essense you are doing that now

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:26 AM
How is his diaper count?
SuprMom12042702
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:00 AM
4-6 wet 3-4 poop

Quoting MusherMaggie: How is his diaper count?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)