Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How long does the fussyness & constant feeding last in the evening hours?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
My baby is 8 weeks old today and every night about 7:30pm she starts getting fussy and wants to nurse pretty much non stop until about 11-11:30pm. I know this is normal but how long does it last? Just wondering because my Mother doesn't think its "normal". **rolls eyes** I guess I just need some reassurance ladies!
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amberrain6
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I knew. My baby is 11weeks & Alls she want to do is eat eat eat lol. She will hardly to 30-60min between feedings (during day) I didn't realize how demanding bfing was going to be. That's ok though more bonding time.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
With my 4 it was around 12 weeks. I remember thinking that's when a lot of moms have to go back to work. My one ds was particularly cantankerous for precisely 11 weeks and 6 days; it's burned into my memory. (Though truth be told at 13, 11, 8 and 4 they're still pretty fussy and difficult at night ;-)
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Growth spurts also happen at 9 and 12 weeks.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:03 AM
It will get better once you get through the end of the constant growth spurt mode of the first few months.
booaura
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:06 AM
It depends on the baby. Some are just fussier and crankier. Mine is 5 months and this is still normal for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Totally normal.  I learned to just stop talking to anyone about what was going on with my baby's.  Their "advice" just made things worse.  My first was like that until about 4 months.  Maybe even 5 months.  My last two have been a little easier.  But will all of them, as long as they had a boob, they were good.  It's frustrating as an adult, because you want to do stuff, like, pee.  LOL  Wash dishes, take a shower, etc.  But, if you just let stuff go for a few weeks (not TOTALLY, but a little bit) and relax, the time flies by. And these are the moments you will want to remember 5+ years from now.  :)

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I always figured that there was a good reason that prime time tv is on during those hours because babe and I were glued to the couch nursing during them until about 12-13 weeks.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Well, if you look at my husband, it lasts at least 55 years. **grin**

It's normal. Can last for several months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)