Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I'm right, right?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 65 Replies

DS Just turned 1! YAY Happy birthday to him!

So he went to the Dr this morning for his 1yr well check and she is concerned about his weight. He weighs 19lbs as of today. here is his full history as  best as I can remember

birth 7lb 11oz

lowest recorded 7lb 2oz

2weeks 8lb

3months 14lb

6months 16lb

9months 18lb

11 months 18.75lb (he had an ear infectionand went to the Dr for it, they always weigh)

1yr 19lb

She wants me to cook his food with butter and give him cow milk with meals to fatten him up and she wants to see us again in a month to check his weight again.

I think hes perfect and doesnt need any of that nonsense. Ill certainly give him MORE food more often (if hes hungry he will eat it if not then he wont) but Im not gonna give him a bunch of butter and cow milk just because the curve on his chart isnt a pretty perfect line like she wants.As if all humans are the same and should grow at the same rate. hes meeting ALL milestones and is a very happy little boy. the photos were all taken just this week so you can see how his body looks.

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I think he's fine. He's adorable! Happy birthday to him!

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM
His weight is fine
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My girls are a little bittier, too. I had to see a nutritionist with the older and they wanted me to use butter, mayo and heavy whipping cream for everything. Eventually they got off my back when they decided she was healthy, but small, *like her parents*.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Im a petite lady! it stands to reason he would be small too. did you do the fattening stuff they wanted you to do or did you say forget that!?

Quoting mostlymaydays: My girls are a little bittier, too. I had to see a nutritionist with the older and they wanted me to use butter, mayo and heavy whipping cream for everything. Eventually they got off my back when they decided she was healthy, but small, *like her parents*.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

thank you

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I think he's fine. He's adorable! Happy birthday to him!

JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM

thanks

Quoting jjchick75: His weight is fine

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally off topic but, wow, you are beautiful!

Quoting JackAttacks:

Im a petite lady! it stands to reason he would be small too. did you do the fattening stuff they wanted you to do or did you say forget that!?

Quoting mostlymaydays: My girls are a little bittier, too. I had to see a nutritionist with the older and they wanted me to use butter, mayo and heavy whipping cream for everything. Eventually they got off my back when they decided she was healthy, but small, *like her parents*.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM

aww thats so sweet thank you!

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Totally off topic but, wow, you are beautiful!

Quoting JackAttacks:

dx1066
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM
10 moms liked this
I find it funny that when they are babies doctors want to fatten them up but then when they get older doctors are more obsessed with slimming them down. Maybe we wouldn't have the obesity epidemic if we weren't "fattening" our babies up. Some babies are chubby and some are tiny. Let them be what they are. Now obviously there is the case where they are too small and malnourished, and in those instances fattening is necessary, but doctors need to accept that babies come in all sizes.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Exactly!

Quoting dx1066: I find it funny that when they are babies doctors want to fatten them up but then when they get older doctors are more obsessed with slimming them down. Maybe we wouldn't have the obesity epidemic if we weren't "fattening" our babies up. Some babies are chubby and some are tiny. Let them be what they are. Now obviously there is the case where they are too small and malnourished, and in those instances fattening is necessary, but doctors need to accept that babies come in all sizes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN