Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Principal illegally asks mother to cover up or leave

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

This "tastefully written" letter was given to a local mama by a worker at the federally funded free lunch program at the middle school. Utah law permits and protects breastfeeding regardless of if you are covered or not, full breast exposure is allowed. Yes, we live in a very modest community due to the majority being LDS, but breastfeeding is not immodest or immoral. Church pictures show mothers clearly nursing during meetings uncovered! Local mamas who may have missed this, we are supporting Andrea today at 11:30 at Mount Logan Middle School (wish I could be there!).

How the mama was breastfeeding, not showing ANYTHING!

If you would like to write a letter, there is contact information at the bottom of the article

http://doublethink.us.com/paala/2014/07/16/middle-school-principal-in-utah-writes-a-letter-to-breastfeeding-mother-telling-her-to-cover-up-or-move-despite-law-stating-breastfeeding-isnt-obscene-or-indecent/

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Singlemama52
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw a post with this letter In a group I'm in on Facebook. They were talking about possibly doing a nurse in and many emailed the principle about the laws.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM

ABC News is supposedly coming to cover it too!

Quoting Singlemama52: I saw a post with this letter In a group I'm in on Facebook. They were talking about possibly doing a nurse in and many emailed the principle about the laws.

pooh2you1985
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM

there is alway more to the story..

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM

The law protects the nursing mother.  That is all that matters. The nursing mother was showing less than what I see a local pool.

Quoting pooh2you1985:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM
In this case, there is a signed letter to prove the principal illegally asked the woman to cover up or leave. The law protects her, end of story.

Quoting pooh2you1985:

princess_peach
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Have you heard any updates on how the nurse in went? I so wish I could have been there!

Quoting PoodleMum:

Quoting Singlemama52: I saw a post with this letter In a group I'm in on Facebook. They were talking about possibly doing a nurse in and many emailed the principle about the laws.

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:30 PM

It's going to be on at 5pm!  It went well from what I've heard :)

Quoting princess_peach: Have you heard any updates on how the nurse in went? I so wish I could have been there!
Quoting PoodleMum:

princess_peach
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Dang, I missed it! Kids were being crazy and I didn't even think about turning the TV on!

Quoting PoodleMum:

Quoting princess_peach: Have you heard any updates on how the nurse in went? I so wish I could have been there!

Quoting PoodleMum:

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I dvr'ed it lol, about to feed Maisy and watch it now!

Quoting princess_peach: Dang, I missed it! Kids were being crazy and I didn't even think about turning the TV on!

Quoting PoodleMum:

Quoting PoodleMum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_peach
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM
It's on their website. I'll go on later and watch it.

I read some of the comments on ABC's facebook page, and Wow! It is just so sad how ride and ignorant people are.

Quoting PoodleMum: I dvr'ed it lol, about to feed Maisy and watch it now!

Quoting princess_peach: Dang, I missed it! Kids were being crazy and I didn't even think about turning the TV on!

Quoting PoodleMum:

Quoting PoodleMum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN