Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your BFing toddler...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
Eat a wide variety of foods?

Derek is 18 months now.

He still nurses like a newborn, I swear. But he is FINALLY starting to enjoy solids and he eats EVERYTHING!

He has breastfed the longest out of all my kiddos. I only breastfed my oldest for a short time and not middle Ds wasn't with us as a baby.

But Derek is my only child with an adult palate!

He loves bell peppers, salad, and just about anything I eat he will also eat.

This morning we had scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and tomato basil feta cheese. It was delicious! And Derek more than half of my plate!
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Awesome! My 11 month old loves food! She nods her head yes for some each time any of us eat. My other kids werent as into food as she is, so we will see if she continues loving everything :)
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM
My sons the same. He loves eggs spinach mushrooms. He likes a lot of things i wouldn't expect him to. He is also 18 months. He is nursing as im typing this lol
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd loves food but on her own terms. Around age 2 she decided that she gets to decide what she eats. Some days it's a whole plate of broccoli and some days it's curry chicken leftovers. So while she isn't picky about what she eats she's definitely picky about when she eats it. She isn't a huge fan of most "kid" foods. We went to a fair the other day and my aunt ordered her a hotdog and herself a hamburger. My aunt ended up eating the hot dog while dd ate the hamburger! Lol
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Our youngest loves everything. I contribute that to baby led solids.
AubryJ
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
My thirteen month old is really into foods. He's eaten everything he's been offered. My oldest was a finicky eater for the first year and a half.
Owl_Feather
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

dd is 2 and pacifies more than anything now but she still nurses for the milk throughout the day. She is starting to get picky but she does like a variety of foods. She tries new food unlike her brother.

polkaspots
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Yeah. He eats just about anything. He ate half a green pepper and some tortilla dough while I was cooking.
He's two and a half, is he still a toddler?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analugojana
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Nope, I'm the odd one here. Mine would nurse the whole day if she could and only eats a few things. She loves watermelon and pasta (not together lol). Meat she will chew but usually can't swallow unless it's super soft, rice, yogurt (plain), scrabled eggs sometimes, cheese sometimes. That's about it. And sometimes she wants to try new things but most of the time no, she will not. Qualntity wise it feels like she eats very little. She grows though.

isaacsmommy68
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM

My 2 year old will take a bite and ask "Yummy mommy?". If I say yes its yummy, he keeps eating it. He will eat just about anything.

newwifenmom
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:50 PM

My son was like yours, he ate everything at that age and really loved spices :). He's 3 now and still eats very well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)