Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish me luck!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

I requested different doctor to get another opinion on Autumns leg. It's to where now I cannot put shoes on the one leg that's bowlegged (when I do get shoes on I leaves a very bad red mark) and her pinky toe is completely sideways.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Sending good thoughts your way. Hope she gets a good pediatric orthopedist!
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Doctor agreed!! I'm so happy! The place is closed so I have to call tomorrow. She gave me card to see an orthopedic and sports medicine, PC place and the doctor is a joint replacement/pediatrics. She is very concerned that she isn't talking and says she is behind developmental milestone so at her 18 month check up I gotta discuss therapy or something. She's 24 lbs 10 oz

Quoting MusherMaggie: Sending good thoughts your way. Hope she gets a good pediatric orthopedist!
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Good luck with the ortho doc. And I'm glad to hear your Dr is also thinking about the talking at 18 months and thinking about the therapies. My one friend, her son wasn't talking, not even "mama" at 18 months,not at 2 years, still not at 3 years! But the family dr they saw said it was normal for boys to talk later and his big brother was probably doing all the talking for him. By the time we all finally convinced her to call the county for early intervention he had already aged out of that system and she had to then go through the school system.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:42 PM
:( thats frustrating

Quoting mostlymaydays: Good luck with the ortho doc. And I'm glad to hear your Dr is also thinking about the talking at 18 months and thinking about the therapies. My one friend, her son wasn't talking, not even "mama" at 18 months,not at 2 years, still not at 3 years! But the family dr they saw said it was normal for boys to talk later and his big brother was probably doing all the talking for him. By the time we all finally convinced her to call the county for early intervention he had already aged out of that system and she had to then go through the school system.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM
GL! Its great you are so proactive! I hope you get some proactive doctors as well!
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:47 PM
My friend was also very much in denial that anything might be wrong. I think her and the doctor were telling each other what they wanted to hear. Her husband also didn't want him "labeled" so further hindered getting him help. Yes, very frustrating.

Quoting Precious333: :( thats frustrating

Quoting mostlymaydays: Good luck with the ortho doc. And I'm glad to hear your Dr is also thinking about the talking at 18 months and thinking about the therapies. My one friend, her son wasn't talking, not even "mama" at 18 months,not at 2 years, still not at 3 years! But the family dr they saw said it was normal for boys to talk later and his big brother was probably doing all the talking for him. By the time we all finally convinced her to call the county for early intervention he had already aged out of that system and she had to then go through the school system.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I may be the opposite. I worry I may miss something. My oldest never had any developmental delays, hes a smart kid right on track, however a very sensitive child, to touch, smell, noise and i have two brothers in the autistic spectrum. I help off, but finally decided to get an evaluation. It came back normal, so I probably am just dealing with a sensitive kid, which even in itself is very challenging.

Quoting mostlymaydays: My friend was also very much in denial that anything might be wrong. I think her and the doctor were telling each other what they wanted to hear. Her husband also didn't want him "labeled" so further hindered getting him help. Yes, very frustrating.

Quoting Precious333: :( thats frustrating

Owl_Feather
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:52 PM

good luck!!!

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM
The doctor said same thing about my son. He didn't talk until 3 years old and doctor said he's fine...

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:35 PM

This little boy is now almost 7 and just now is starting to make and repeat sounds but still isn't talking. He also is still not potty-trained. From about 15 months or so, those of us who were around him knew something wasn't quite right. They are still struggling with a diagnosis, being told he was "globally delayed" at one point to "autistic" at another point. They say they can't test him because he has no responses to any questions. But they are guessing he has the mentality of a 3 year-old. 

Quoting mama-smurf: The doctor said same thing about my son. He didn't talk until 3 years old and doctor said he's fine...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)