Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i would like a lil help

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Jay will be 7months aug 10th and he has been grabing for our food now, i asked my dr if it would be ok to start soilds and he said it would if i feel ok with it he said i need to start out with whole foods veggies first like avocado and i can try coconut yogurt but do fruits later, he did say to nurse first before any soilds and to try 1 thing once a week!!   i'm just wondering what you ladies think!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM
I gave a lil here & there at about 8 months. I breastfed til he was 14 months. I used baby food, veggies first.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Wow--a doctor giving good advice for once! He's exactly right. Until one year of age, always nurse first before any solids, and no need for purees or spoon feeding. Breastmilk should be the main and major source of calories through the first year. You don't necessarily have to stick to one new food per week unless you have food allergies in the family. Solids don't have to be offered every meal or even every day at this point.
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM

You've been down this road before. Of course you can offer stuff. **smile** Doc actually gave you GOOD advice!

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM

i know i've been down this road before but with Elliot having bad allergies it honestly scares me and Jay was tested and he doesn't have any allergies as of right now! so i'm looking for reasuerites (sp)!

Quoting gdiamante:

You've been down this road before. Of course you can offer stuff. **smile** Doc actually gave you GOOD advice!

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I am completely impressed by the advice given by your doctor! That's exactly what the women here would recommend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)