Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you see what I see?!?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM
  • 25 Replies
It has taken me almost 10 whole months to get a halfway decent pic of the inside of Coen's mouth. It seems pretty obvious to me that this is a tongue tie, I don't know why the dentist was unwilling to laser this along with his ULT 9 months ago! At this point, I can't afford to do anything about it and luckily he doesn't have transference issues, he it 22.5 lbs on 98% breastmilk (he just started solids 5-6 weeks ago) but the pinching while nursing is irritating, especially since Cruz is also nursing and appears to have a worse tie, so I feel like I have a piranha on either breast nearly 24/7! I'm just annoyed at the dentist, I would love to know what it feels like to feel like I'm feeding human babies, not sharks!

Does anyone not think that this is a tongue tie?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Here is the photo, for some reason, my phone does not like to include my photos in the post... Grrr!
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Yep, definite tie.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM

That's what I thought! Good to know I'm not just being paranoid! ;-)

Quoting K8wizzo:

Yep, definite tie.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

OH yeah thats a tie! Doctors are so stupid sometimes

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Yes they are! It's so aggravating.

I have the worst luck with doctors. Last year when I was pregnant with Coen (before I knew I was Pregnant) I went into the ER for severe abdominal cramping associated with preexisting health issues. They drew my blood while I was there and found out I was pregnant, they did a U/S and couldn't find the fetus. I told them the only possibility of conception was 13 days earlier because my husband had been out of town working, so of course he was going to be hard to find on an ultrasound. Of course, doctors are "all-knowing" and were adamant that I was having an ectopic pregnancy and the wanted to admit me overnight, schedule surgery for the morning and keep me for observation thereafter.

I have also been told to stop BFing for taking certain medicines when there was no need.

And it took me 4-5 pediatricians and dentist until we drove 3 hours away and stayed overnight to get a dentist who was willing to cut only Cruz's lip tie, despite him barely talking and being difficult to understand when he did.
And then she wouldn't even laser Coen's TT when I told her Cruz was still having trouble with speech and texture aversion

It's so upsetting that doctors (at least the ones I've had) don't want to consider or even listen to what their patients or patient guardians have to say!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

OH yeah thats a tie! Doctors are so stupid sometimes

mnmbaby
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Could a tongue tie be why my 20 1/2 month old is barely understandable? That makes since, but of course, no one believes me and I don't have the funds to get her checked out...
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so angry about the ignorance regarding ties there in Michigan!!! ☹
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM

YES, most pediatricians can catch them, ask for a speech evaluation...early intervention is free

Quoting mnmbaby: Could a tongue tie be why my 20 1/2 month old is barely understandable? That makes since, but of course, no one believes me and I don't have the funds to get her checked out...

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Same here! Because of the ignorance my nursing relationship is done! I hate myself for not trying harder but just when I started getting in a good groove of nursing..pumping..nursing and supplementing my pump broke and my very unsupportive husband told me its fine just give him formula. .I nursed him until two weeks before he was 6 months.

I am determined I am going to get the training to be an IBCLC with tie knowledge and get trained to clip them..

Quoting aehanrahan: I am so angry about the ignorance regarding ties there in Michigan!!! ☹
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Yep looks like a tie to me. I feel paranoid because hubby just pushes it off like its nothing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)