Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

missing nursing so bad

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 14 month son just self weaned the other week, and I'm missing it SO bad! It's like it hurts to not nurse! I loved our times to sit down and relax and feel the bond..... Its like an emotional ache :( Not sure how to put it all I in words :( is this normal or am I weird??
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortyali
by Alicia on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Normal but maybe offer to nurse. I know around that age I had to remind my LOs to nurse.
alliemom4ever
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM
He's too busy now to think bout sitting down. And my milk dried up in like 4 days :(
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:11 PM

It can takes years for your milk to dry up.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Analugojana
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Unlikely that your milk died up in 4 days! Keep offering. 14 months is a bit early for self-weaning. Is he getting bottles? Is he teething?
alliemom4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:20 AM
There seems like there is no milk. I hand express and just little bit comes out. He now likes his milk in a sippy cup. His doctor didn't seem concerned that he wanted to stop. Guess every kid is different :)

Quoting Analugojana: Unlikely that your milk died up in 4 days! Keep offering. 14 months is a bit early for self-weaning. Is he getting bottles? Is he teething?
Analugojana
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:23 AM
It is not a concern from a medical point of view. However, if you wanted to continue you could do it by not offering the sippy and offering the breast. The fact that you can't express milk is pretty normal at this point and it means nothing. Maybe I can express a few drops and my dd is a 21 months old boobie monster.

Quoting alliemom4ever: There seems like there is no milk. I hand express and just little bit comes out. He now likes his milk in a sippy cup. His doctor didn't seem concerned that he wanted to stop. Guess every kid is different :)
Quoting Analugojana: Unlikely that your milk died up in 4 days! Keep offering. 14 months is a bit early for self-weaning. Is he getting bottles? Is he teething?
polkaspots
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Are you pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliemom4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I wish :( just got period today :(

Quoting polkaspots: Are you pregnant?
polkaspots
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Fourteen months is early for self weaning. Up until now he didn't need cups of anything other than water. You could stop giving the drinks and see if he asks again, or you could offer.
Personally I offered until ds was 18 months old.

Quoting alliemom4ever: I wish :( just got period today :(

Quoting polkaspots: Are you pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM

First bit of good news.. expression tells you NOTHING about how much milk is there. 

Next bit... toddlers can be "too busy" and then go back to newborn frequency.

Quoting alliemom4ever: There seems like there is no milk. I hand express and just little bit comes out. He now likes his milk in a sippy cup. His doctor didn't seem concerned that he wanted to stop. Guess every kid is different :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)