Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hygeia question

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

What is this flappy door on the front?!?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacy2607
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:58 AM
To store Pictures in, at least thats what wic told me when I used one when I breastfed Aubrey
MissSarah04
by Sarah on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM
I was wondering the same thing!
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:59 AM

Mobile Photo

I googled until I found this reply to that same question! Nowhere in their instructions or website do they explain this but I found reply on Hygeia's fb page. Never would have guessed this.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:07 AM
It holds your storage container while you pump!

Quoting stacy2607: To store Pictures in, at least thats what wic told me when I used one when I breastfed Aubrey
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Everything I've read says it's a picture window. This picture confuses me... what is the point in that?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

I googled until I found this reply to that same question! Nowhere in their instructions or website do they explain this but I found reply on Hygeia's fb page. Never would have guessed this.

stacy2607
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Oh.. i guess the wic people didn't know what they were talking about.. lol..
Now for Ariana, i have a brand new Medela that the hospital gave me to take home after I had her. But it's never been used, she's 5 months old and every feeding had been straight from mama's tap, no bottles at all ☺

Quoting mostlymaydays: It holds your storage container while you pump!

Quoting stacy2607: To store Pictures in, at least thats what wic told me when I used one when I breastfed Aubrey
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I do recall with my hand pump that the bottles would tip over from the weight of the flanges. Maybe this helps if you're single pumping and are waiting to empty it until you finish the other? After I started searching images for hygeia pumps I saw this several times, mostly images published by hygeia themselves.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Everything I've read says it's a picture window. This picture confuses me... what is the point in that?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Mobile Photo

And the enDeare has 2 flippy doors for holding both
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Interesting... Maybe because it only comes with one of those orange base things? But they could just give you two... Lol.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I do recall with my hand pump that the bottles would tip over from the weight of the flanges. Maybe this helps if you're single pumping and are waiting to empty it until you finish the other? After I started searching images for hygeia pumps I saw this several times, mostly images published by hygeia themselves.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:43 AM
It does seem like they went through too much trouble engineering that piece!

Quoting LeapBaby123: Interesting... Maybe because it only comes with one of those orange base things? But they could just give you two... Lol.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I do recall with my hand pump that the bottles would tip over from the weight of the flanges. Maybe this helps if you're single pumping and are waiting to empty it until you finish the other? After I started searching images for hygeia pumps I saw this several times, mostly images published by hygeia themselves.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)