• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO mad!! I just had to dump 13 oz of milk because of these breastmilk bags!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had 3 4.5 oz bags of frozen milk...I was trying to thaw one if them and when I lifted it out of the warm water and it had all leaked out a small hole. I attempted again and it happened again so the last one I just sat out to thaw...guess what...pouring it into the bottle it dumped. Formula it is. I'm so mad! Ugh.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Lansinoh? From now on, thaw them by putting the bag of milk in a ziploc and the ziploc in the water. It will catch any leakage so you don't waste the milk.
jlgray1988
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! I never thought about that but no more freezer stash that I ever have at one time (like 3-4 4-5 oz bottles) I think I may just start using the bottles w caps!

Quoting K8wizzo: Lansinoh? From now on, thaw them by putting the bag of milk in a ziploc and the ziploc in the water. It will catch any leakage so you don't waste the milk.
sal26
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I had a manual and when I realized the pump would connect to the other bottles, I just pump and cap. ira used his right away, so I didnt have to freeze. but it was nice not to have to worry about leaking bags
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I donate milk and just about every brand has this issue from time to time.  Lansinoh is virgin plastic and tends to be most brittle.  The moms I donate to always thaw in a bowl in the fridge or in a ziploc under warm water to make sure not to lose any.  Thankfully Ive not had to use any frozen, we just store in bottles for the next day and freeze extra.

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I just had a bag do that! First time ever. I'm definitely going to do the Ziploc suggestion. Thankfully I caught it early and only lost 1/2oz out of the bag but I was still mad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mammacra
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I like gerber milk bags. I just pump & freeze I don't bottle feed at all but I like having a huge stash in the freezer!!!
MissSarah04
by Sarah on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:10 AM
Yep this is what I had to do with my Lasinoh bags =/

Quoting K8wizzo: Lansinoh? From now on, thaw them by putting the bag of milk in a ziploc and the ziploc in the water. It will catch any leakage so you don't waste the milk.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM
I've never had a bag do that, but I always thaw in a ziplock bag just in case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)