Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clogged tear duct

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm pretty sure my baby has a clogged tear duct in his left eye, my DD had this too. I read that in addition to massaging it and using a warm rag to remove the goo that you can also put a few drops of breast milk in it to help. Have any of you ladies heard this?
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Merrick17
by Corrine on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Yes, I did this for mine. It cleared up pretty quickly. My dh was one who had to have the surgery for it as a babe, so I was extra worried. I actually ended up paying for an ER trip for it. First time mom nerves :)
smurfy88
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Thanks! How often did you put breast milk in?

Quoting Merrick17: Yes, I did this for mine. It cleared up pretty quickly. My dh was one who had to have the surgery for it as a babe, so I was extra worried. I actually ended up paying for an ER trip for it. First time mom nerves :)
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It can definitely help! A couple of drops a few times a day should work.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:21 AM
All 4 of mine had clogged tear ducts. While the breastmilk did help with the infection and goop, 2 of my kids never did have the duct open and needed surgical procedures. My other 2 opened naturally, with time and massage.
smurfy88
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I'm really hoping it clears up on its own! It seems clogged year ducts are very common.

Quoting mostlymaydays: All 4 of mine had clogged tear ducts. While the breastmilk did help with the infection and goop, 2 of my kids never did have the duct open and needed surgical procedures. My other 2 opened naturally, with time and massage.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)