Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

do I need to dump milk

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
So last night between 8pm-1am I had about 10 wine coolers. I just pumped for the first time since then its about 10am. Will the alcohol be out of my milk or do I need to dump it? If there is any chance of alcohol I will be dump it but at the same time I hate wasting it... :) I also want to mention the baby has a little cold or allergies bothering him too incase that plays any part.
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Were you sober enough to drive when you pumped?

If so, then your milk is safe for consumption. If no, dump it.
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM

So you averaged 2 wine coolers an hour for 5 hours 9 hour ago...I'm going to guess you barely felt them in your system when you were drinking and I highly down you feel off now.  So with that said...

I wouldn't dump.  

Wine coolers barely have any alcohol in them.  It is 9 hours later.  Unless you are going to tell me you are still feeling effects of them...you are more than safe to use that milk.

ncoates04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Safe to. Drive safe to nurse...alcohol metabolises in your milk the same way it does your blood....your good, don't dump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
This!

Quoting IrishIz:

So you averaged 2 wine coolers an hour for 5 hours 9 hour ago...I'm going to guess you barely felt them in your system when you were drinking and I highly down you feel off now.  So with that said...

I wouldn't dump.  

Wine coolers barely have any alcohol in them.  It is 9 hours later.  Unless you are going to tell me you are still feeling effects of them...you are more than safe to use that milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)