Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going back to work, bottle issues

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hey there ladies! It's been a while! My little minion is 9 months old now, and I have found myself a job I start at in 2 weeks. I have been trying for months to get my baby to take a bottle or a sippy cup, and still have no luck. This was only for the purpose of being with someone other then me on occasion. Now, with a full time job pending, I'd like to have him taking a bottle or sippy cup. At 9 months old, does anyone have any further advice?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hand baby, cup and milk to caregiver and leave. Trying to get him to take a bottle or cup of pumped milk with you in the house is like going to your moms, smelling fresh baked cookies and her handing you a stale Oreo. 

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM
He won't take it from you because he knows you have the fresh goods. Read "Bottlefeeding the Breastfed Baby" on Kellymom.com. Leave botlle and him with caregiver, along with a copy of that article. He'll be fine.
mama_pink_tink
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Been there done that, have literally had sleepless nights so he will "make up" for lost time. I should have clarified that it's been me, gramma's gramps' aunts, uncles, the baby sitter, god parents and of course dad
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Leave both a bottle and a sippy and fresh milk thats not been frozen so it can be frozen if not used(once thawed it cant be frozen again) and go with it.  If baby takes milk while gone then wonderful, if not count on him nursing like mad when together.  Reverse cycling at its best.  Some babies will sleep 8-10 hours without nursing so going that long daytime wuld be fine.  Leave solids and the milk and still pump while gone and go withthe flow it WIL be ok

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM

gradually he will go to taking something!

Quoting mama_pink_tink: Been there done that, have literally had sleepless nights so he will "make up" for lost time. I should have clarified that it's been me, gramma's gramps' aunts, uncles, the baby sitter, god parents and of course dad

mama_pink_tink
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM
He already doesn't sleep through the night.... This is going to suck
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:43 PM

It sucked for me the first 2 weeks then suddenly it became easier and baby took more

mama_pink_tink
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Thank you, hopefully it'll be quick and not to painful

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

It sucked for me the first 2 weeks then suddenly it became easier and baby took more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)