Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM
  • 16 Replies
When you had an ebf baby and had to delivery and be away for two days in the hospital? I have major anxiety about this. I can't see her being without me for one hour let alone two days! She can't go to sleep without nursing naps an at night. Maybe she will be less needy when the new one arrives? She will be one and a half by then
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SissyMacK
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:47 PM

By a year and a half, she should be eating on her own quite a bit and will handle it better.  Is a hospital birth your only option?  I had my last baby at a birthing clinic and was on my way home with her 4 hours after delivering.  She will be 14 months old when I deliver this next one and we are planning a home birth.  It will work out better for all of us. 

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Have you considered a homebirth??? I struggle with my kids being away from me. I am in the process right now of packing my oldest two to go to day camp. But they are staying at my parents for the week. The first time away at camp, the first time staying away from me so far away ever, and the first time my parents have ever kept them the night (much less 4 nights) I am freaking out and they are 9 and 5 LOL 

I have homebirths so it would be a lot less stressful for me. The other option is asking to be released ASAP after deliver, or asking if she can stay because you nurse. Otherwise I am not sure.

BUT I am jealous...I always wanted to tandem nurse. But I don't get pregnant easily so my kiddos are farther apart in ages. And the one time I did get pregnant while still nursing my son weaned because of the change in my milk! :(  Anyway good luck and congrats

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM
I was separated from my then 2 year old when one of my older kids had surgery and a week of complications. She had nursed every night of her life to sleep until that point. Yet my sister just put the TV on and cuddled down with her and she was out for the night in 10 minutes without ever waking to look for me to nurse. As soon as I got home we were back to where we left off. One and a half is likely very needy still though probably better without you than when you come home, with a new baby.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I'm having a hospital birth with my next one and hoping to leave in 12-18 hours. Just because insurance will cover 2 days doesn't mean you need to stay the 2. :-)
newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I have thought if that. I will be looking into that also, thanks!

Quoting SissyMacK:

By a year and a half, she should be eating on her own quite a bit and will handle it better.  Is a hospital birth your only option?  I had my last baby at a birthing clinic and was on my way home with her 4 hours after delivering.  She will be 14 months old when I deliver this next one and we are planning a home birth.  It will work out better for all of us. 

newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I will find out about that, her staying with me or leaving early. What did you supplement with? So far dd is going strong but I'm only 6 weeks. Wow 9 and 5? Lol that would be me haha

Quoting NoraDun:

Have you considered a homebirth??? I struggle with my kids being away from me. I am in the process right now of packing my oldest two to go to day camp. But they are staying at my parents for the week. The first time away at camp, the first time staying away from me so far away ever, and the first time my parents have ever kept them the night (much less 4 nights) I am freaking out and they are 9 and 5 LOL 

I have homebirths so it would be a lot less stressful for me. The other option is asking to be released ASAP after deliver, or asking if she can stay because you nurse. Otherwise I am not sure.

BUT I am jealous...I always wanted to tandem nurse. But I don't get pregnant easily so my kiddos are farther apart in ages. And the one time I did get pregnant while still nursing my son weaned because of the change in my milk! :(  Anyway good luck and congrats

newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Awww it would be a miracle if mine did that. She will scream her head off until she gets her boob, she is very demanding and high maintenance. I hope it gets better by that time ughh I don't want her to go through that :(

Quoting mostlymaydays: I was separated from my then 2 year old when one of my older kids had surgery and a week of complications. She had nursed every night of her life to sleep until that point. Yet my sister just put the TV on and cuddled down with her and she was out for the night in 10 minutes without ever waking to look for me to nurse. As soon as I got home we were back to where we left off. One and a half is likely very needy still though probably better without you than when you come home, with a new baby.
newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Did not know that! Thanks

Quoting mostlymaydays: I'm having a hospital birth with my next one and hoping to leave in 12-18 hours. Just because insurance will cover 2 days doesn't mean you need to stay the 2. :-)
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM

What do you mean as far as supplement?? If your LO is 1 1/2 by the time the baby is born you wont need to supplement with anything. After a year they can go on whole milk or whatever milk you want. But if you can continue nursing that is best of course! Yea I have a bit of an attachment issue. I can count on one hand the amount of times they have been away from me a full night LOL. And my daughter who is 4 never has, neither has my youngest of course. I am a FULL time Momma Bwahah

Quoting newmelly2009: I will find out about that, her staying with me or leaving early. What did you supplement with? So far dd is going strong but I'm only 6 weeks. Wow 9 and 5? Lol that would be me haha
Quoting NoraDun:

newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Lol yup same here. When your son weaned himself I meant, was he under 1? Sorry I thought I read he was.

Quoting NoraDun:

What do you mean as far as supplement?? If your LO is 1 1/2 by the time the baby is born you wont need to supplement with anything. After a year they can go on whole milk or whatever milk you want. But if you can continue nursing that is best of course! Yea I have a bit of an attachment issue. I can count on one hand the amount of times they have been away from me a full night LOL. And my daughter who is 4 never has, neither has my youngest of course. I am a FULL time Momma Bwahah

Quoting newmelly2009: I will find out about that, her staying with me or leaving early. What did you supplement with? So far dd is going strong but I'm only 6 weeks. Wow 9 and 5? Lol that would be me haha

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)