Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok no, joke this is the first time this has happened and I kind of need some advice.

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello ladies I know this may sound odd since my son is 11 1/2 months old, but tonight before DS went to bed I realized that one of nipples(the one he was nursing on) broke open and started bleeding, now I'm not sure if he bit it or what because they've both been really sore since thurday(long story short my cousin was baby setting for a couple days because I needed a lil help because I was having a test done at the hospital and DS wasn't here to nurse) and anyway I've been really sore lately since he came back and at this point (almost 1 yr old) and really looking to least make it another two weeks(prob longer cuz it looks like DS isn't interested in stopping anytime soon) but if you guys could help a mother out I'd greatly appricate it...

Thank you in advance ladies I am just totally lost and want my nipples to feel normal again...

bad

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
masesmom
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Did you have to pump a lot? Maybe your sore from that...?
incogNinja
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Load them up with lanolin. It really helps.
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Quoting masesmom: Did you have to pump a lot? Maybe your sore from that...?

oddly enough I didn't pump alot but I think that may have been because my water intake was down or the fact that my body may have felt or thought I was sick due to the fact that I was preping for a tes at the hospital... but either way would even cause my nipples to crack open and bleed?(Granted it's just one nipple but still) Yes I feel like I did have a good amount of milk while he was gone but I still feel like it wasn't really a lot compaired to the past anyway...

but would pumping a good amount cause your niples to be sore and bleed at all? and either way what can I do to make them feel better?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Mine did that when I had thrush any chance you have that?

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Mine did that when I had thrush any chance you have that?

Well that's like asking if a woman is prego... it's possible I guess but even though read up on it I'm still not sure how a momma gets it... so I'd have to say idk...

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Could've been a bad latch. I would think if he bit you'd definitely know it.

To me thrush feels like glass shards coming out my nipples. Not cool.
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Quoting hip2it: Could've been a bad latch. I would think if he bit you'd definitely know it. To me thrush feels like glass shards coming out my nipples. Not cool.

idk, i'm not sure i understand at this point how that could make,ebleed, but it could have been just a latch... I think I'll give it a few more days to quit befor i stupidly calla doctor....

but honestly if you don't know what thrush looksor feels like how you know if it? and at this point i think if i did calla doctor, not that i'd know which one to call, i'm almost sure they'd say it has something to dowith ds being away from me... so we'll see what happens withina few days... but thank you again...

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Hugs mama. Sounds like maybe that.latch was wrong for that time. Expressed milk, letting air get to it, coconut oil, lanolin....all those can help it heal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)