Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

pregnant with my 2nd nursling but I'm having pain in my breast

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
Having some shooting pains in my left breast. Colostrum came in at 30 weeks but it feels like my breast is full on that side. Im 38.5 weeks along. Been having prodromal labor for weeks. What do I do? Should I hand express or what? Baby hasn't quite made his entrance yet
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I am not sure, but I dont think hand expressing will help with the pain. Maybe warm compress or ice?
incogNinja
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Warm compress and maybe try to express some in the shower. How many weeks are you? Stimulating the milk to come out can definitely help labor along , wouldn't want to do that too early.
skylarkdancer
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:41 PM
38.5 weeks

Quoting incogNinja: Warm compress and maybe try to express some in the shower. How many weeks are you? Stimulating the milk to come out can definitely help labor along , wouldn't want to do that too early.
incogNinja
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM
That was my max pregnancy time out of 5 kids lol I'm sure you will be fine. Yeah I would be going to town on that

Quoting skylarkdancer: 38.5 weeks

Quoting incogNinja: Warm compress and maybe try to express some in the shower. How many weeks are you? Stimulating the milk to come out can definitely help labor along , wouldn't want to do that too early.
Allisonc7910
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Do you feel where there could be a clogged duct? My breast will get like that and swell when there's a blockage, but at 9 mo postpartum.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)