Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

15 month old's diet

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

My DD is 15 month old and is still nursing sometimes (to sleep twice a day and through the night. Although lately if she wants to nursing randomly during the day..she will nurse until my milk comes out then stop?) but is a SUPER picky eater. Half the time, I need to give her things to play with at the high chair so that I can shove food in her mouth while she is distracted. But 8/10 she will refuse what I offer. Even if I know she likes it because she just ate it not long ago. I'm not sure what to do. I'm wasting soooo much food trying to find things that she'll eat that day. And a lot of the time when I can get her to eat, she doesn't eat much. Advice?

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Totally normal, actually. Just give her some of whatever you're having and let her feed herself. Mine were still getting 90% of their nutrition from nursing at that age.
mama-mom-mommy
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Maybe it upsets her stomach?
armywife2408
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM
My daughter is the same age. She has to have her plate at up like ours, or she won't eat. So she gets a plate and fork, and can actually use the fork now. I give her whatever I eat, and w we always eat or meals together. They will eat when they are hungry. If she is healthy, and still breastfeeding, I wouldn't worry to much.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:03 PM

SHes a toddler, keep offering one day she wont refuse

Allisonc7910
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Does she like the puffs or yogurt melts, little fruit cookies? Maybe that will interest her. My ds loves yogurt. He's all about food, wants everything I eat. But if it doesn't pass the taste test we have to chunk it. Maybe just stop pushing unless she likes the food and shell eat more of what she does like.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM

If she's still nursing three times a day you're in great shape. Toddlers are naturally picky. Slice up a banana, leave it on her tray, go about your business. If she eats, great. If she doesn't, don't sweat it.

She doesn't need to eat much. Often we see servings with our adult eyes, forgetting that our children will eat maybe a quarter of what we can put away. She might eat a third of that banana. Maybe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN