Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ideas what could be going on?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 2 Replies

This is my 4th (all bf till 12-14 months) but I've never experienced this before. I know as they grow they go through growth spurts and will want to nurse more often but my 10 month old for the past 5 days wants to nurse every 1.5-2 hrs all night long (usually he only nurses once in the middle of the night) and then has his normal schedule still during the day (a couple purees and bf's every 3-4 hours). Other than the up all night feedings everything else is normal. Could it be teething or would something else be causing this?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Yes, teething can cause this. A change in the weather can cause it. Sometimes, nothing at all can cause it! I chalk this up to "normal."

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Be sure he gets in a good nursing before any solids. Instead of the purees, let him sit at the supper table with you and feed himself small pieces of whatever you're having. It doesn't have to be every meal or even every day at this point. They often are very busy at this age; sometimes they need to be reminded to nurse during the day.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)