Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really BRU? Ugh

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM
  • 14 Replies

Just got the BRU ad in the mail...".happy breastfeeding month, here are breastfeeding must haves. ". I understand pumps are must haves for working moms , some moms find special pillows must haves, but FORMULA!!?? Sorry that's setting moms up for failure. Before I get jumped on yes some moms rarely need supplementation but it's not nearly as common as drs make moms think.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I just don't understand that. It never occurred to me that I would need formula. And I haven't.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I would send the whole thing back postage due with a nasty note.
mamabens
by Miranda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I just let Maddox play with it lol. Which means he destroyed it. He liked looking at the babies getting MilkiesMilkies

polkaspots
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM
That's ridiculous. Formula is absolutely not something a bireastfeeding mother needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Yeah thats crazy! Why put it in the same page?

dx1066
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My SIL is due in October, and she just emailed me this morning wanting to know what she needed for breastfeeding.  I told her at first she just needed two things.  Boobs and a baby.  After that she can decide if she needs the lotion, the breast pads, etc.  I also told her that the best tip I can give her is that if she is really serious about EBFing, that she should under no circumstances have any formula in her house.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I just don't get worked up about such things. When I get samples, I simply donate them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM
The formula company probably put up the bucks to have such a prominent ad on the page.
I agree that something like breast pads or even nursing bras would have been more appropriate in that spot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Me neither.. my baby girl Ariana will be 6 months old on the 9th of August and has not had a drop of formula.. she has been ebf from day one.. hasnt even had a bottle of pumped milk.. every feeding has been straight from mamas tap! :)

Quoting LeapBaby123: I just don't understand that. It never occurred to me that I would need formula. And I haven't.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you! My son will be 7 months on Sunday and has never hada drop of anything except my milk :) (he has had pumped milk because I work).

Quoting stacy2607: Me neither.. my baby girl Ariana will be 6 months old on the 9th of August and has not had a drop of formula.. she has been ebf from day one.. hasnt even had a bottle of pumped milk.. every feeding has been straight from mamas tap! :)

Quoting LeapBaby123: I just don't understand that. It never occurred to me that I would need formula. And I haven't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)