Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drop in supply?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
I haven't had a drop in supply yet but I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and nursing my 16 month old. When I was pregnant with my son & nursing my daughter my supply dipped and she weaned herself when I was 9 weeks pregnant. I don't want this to happen this time I want to try and keep it up as much as possible. It wasn't an issue for her cause it was a couple of days before her 2nd birthday so I was excited to make it that far. But I will be absolutely heartbroken if he weans before he is 2 lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
He may or may not wean, and might even start back up if he were to stop for a while. No way to tell, really.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I agree with MusherMaggie.  Ive nursed through 2 pregnancies and tandem afterwards but some of it was dry nursing

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM
You're far more dedicated than me! I'm 9+3 weeks, and I have not noticed a drop in supply at all. Actually, I feel let down more & Caroline is gulping milk. I'm beyond ready for her to wean. If she would just night wean, I'd be thrilled. No part of me wants to nurse two kids at once. Nope. No way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Reed still nurses every 1-2 hours at night so I feel ya lol. I don't want to nurse 2 kids either but I don't want him to wean before he is 2. If
He does I feel like I'm depriving him of nutrients his sister
Got. Idk I'm weird haha. He turns two 2 days before my due date so I am not exactly sure how
It's going to work

Quoting lillybug222: You're far more dedicated than me! I'm 9+3 weeks, and I have not noticed a drop in supply at all. Actually, I feel let down more & Caroline is gulping milk. I'm beyond ready for her to wean. If she would just night wean, I'd be thrilled. No part of me wants to nurse two kids at once. Nope. No way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)