Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Am I the only one who hates bfing now?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:15 AM
  • 30 Replies
I liked it when my baby was little but at 13 months I can't stand it. I'm getting ready to stop cosleeping because he wants to nurse all night and I'm so sleep deprived I can barely function. I used to kind of sleep through but now I can't at all. I honestly wish I would have bottle fed from the start and I wouldn't have to deal with any of this. Sorry just frustrated! He also has to nurse the whole time he's napping which is now.
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Exsxfxy
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:23 AM

My twelve month old nurses a ton when he's teething. Wakes up every time I unlatch, and nurses for hours while I lay there awake. It's incredibly frustrating, especially in the middle of the night when I'm exhausted. I put a limit to it though, if I'm absolutely fed up I unlatch and let him fuss while I shhh or sing him to sleep. It is fine to put limits. Have you read dr Gordon's night weaning? It might help with the co sleeping transition and possibly for you to get more sleep. Although if possible, I wouldn't want to stop co sleeping and night nursing, or nursing in general, at the same time. You did an amazing job so far! Parents have to wean off bottles too. Good luck.

Spam72
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I have days where I don't love it. :(
I'm not sleeping well either and if I give her more than about 15% of anything but breast milk she gets constipated. She's a very healthy and happy baby though so I try to focus on that.
Mrs.AmandaD.
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Thank you I'm not the only one dealing with that. Sometimes I won't let him nurse at night but he screams and wakes up my husband. I'm worried about all the crying if I try to get him in his crib. Just not sure what else to do so I can sleep and be a good mother.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I don't hate it, but I'm 9 weeks pregnant & nursing my almost 16 month old. I really wish she would night wean, but I have a hard time forcing her to. I also have no desire to nurse two babies at once. I'm a teacher & have been home all summer. I'm anticipating a change when I go back to work next week. We'll see what happens.

And great job for nursing this long!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Exsxfxy
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

We have the same waking dad problem. So if he cries for more than a minute or two I bring him to the living room. Because there's times I'd rather not sleep than nurse another second. We have a side car crib, I have started laying in it with him and nursing to sleep. He wakes up often and I end up putting him in bed with me, but it's a good start and involves minimal crying (I can't stand crying) For naps, maybe you could nurse to sleep and when you unlatch if he cries just hold him and rock him or sway back and forth etc. there's no reason for you to be stuck nursing during nap, no way I could handle that. My son bit and injured me once, so I stopped comfort sucking for a few nights, he screamed, a lot. But I could tell it was a mad scream not a confused sad one, of that makes sense. I just held him and sung to him til he wore himself out and gave in to sleep.

Quoting Mrs.AmandaD.: Thank you I'm not the only one dealing with that. Sometimes I won't let him nurse at night but he screams and wakes up my husband. I'm worried about all the crying if I try to get him in his crib. Just not sure what else to do so I can sleep and be a good mother.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Try offering more during the day. Mine were still pretty breastmilk-dependent at that stage, but I knew it was a good thing for them, so I breathed through it. I nursed my first through my second pregnancy, and there were days I wanted to run away from home. I really had to make myself do it sometimes, but it was all worth it.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:07 PM
I only hate it at night. My dd is 13 months to and she nurse ALL night. I HATE it. I'm getting no rest or sleep. I'm realizing it's making me grouchy and on edge lately. I have always been one who NEEDS sleep to function. I think I'm going to start night weaning in about 2 months. Hang in there momma!! I feel your pain!
Goodybag1
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Kudos ladies!!
Analugojana
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this

We all have our moments. Sometimes I feel a bit tired of it, especially because she cluster nurses all evening long after I'm home from work. But I see how much she loves it (21 months) and I can't think of stopping anytime before she wants to stop.

armywife2408
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Your not alone! My 15 month old is wearing me out. I'm done. Plus I'm pregnant again. I give props to tandem feeding mom's.... but I can't do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN