Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Questions questions :/

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM
  • 1 Replies
Hi everyone my daughter is 16 months we've been breastfeeding exclusively this whole time :), but im concerned about some things and i would like to know your opinions.

We co sleep, on a normal night she looks for breast 3 times, she sucks for the most part but others i know she is drinking. In the morning she wakes up fine but an hour later she is either tired or grumpy. I read that this mean she might be ready to wean at night? Has this happen to any of you?

Also whole she sleeps she rubs her eyes maybe 3 times or 4, she does it during the day but nlt as much. No known allergies. What could it be?

Sometimes i feel my supply is decreasing, she poops sometimes everyday others every 3 days, her diapers are not full of urine but they are wet. My period arrived at 6 months but it becamd regular this past january. Every time during my period she has a hard time gettin milk to the point she wont go to sleep quicky (she likes to sleep with a faster flow) now my period is done but she still has issues getting milk. She is also nursing more (comfort nursing or sucking) during the day, she stays at breast 5 minutes or less :/

I used to feel my letdown (twice) i havent felt this maybe since a month ago, if i do is once always at 5pm (when in working) i work 4 hrs every day.
Does not feeling the letdown could mean my supply is decreasing?

And last my right breast has always been the one she drinks out of the most, i have tried offering the left but she drinks for a couple of minutes and switches. My boobs are significantly uneven, no matter what i wear it shows :/. My left breast gets full maybe with an ounce or less and gets really bulgy, it gets hard under the nipple, and stays small even when full, what should i do about this.

Sorry if this is too l
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Tangie16: Hi everyone my daughter is 16 months we've been breastfeeding exclusively this whole time :),
Congrats!
but im concerned about some things and i would like to know your opinions. We co sleep, on a normal night she looks for breast 3 times, she sucks for the most part but others i know she is drinking. In the morning she wakes up fine but an hour later she is either tired or grumpy. I read that this mean she might be ready to wean at night?
Nope. Means she's not a morning person. **grin**
Has this happen to any of you? Also whole she sleeps she rubs her eyes maybe 3 times or 4, she does it during the day but nlt as much. No known allergies. What could it be?
Worth seeing the doc; PROBABLY is nothing at all. 
Sometimes i feel my supply is decreasing, she poops sometimes everyday others every 3 days, her diapers are not full of urine but they are wet.
All normal.
My period arrived at 6 months but it becamd regular this past january. Every time during my period she has a hard time gettin milk to the point she wont go to sleep quicky (she likes to sleep with a faster flow) now my period is done but she still has issues getting milk.
Also normal. Periods DO take a toll on supply. Continue as usual.
She is also nursing more (comfort nursing or sucking) during the day, she stays at breast 5 minutes or less :/
Normal!
I used to feel my letdown (twice) i havent felt this maybe since a month ago,
I stopped feeling letdown altogether by four months. **grin** Still normal!
if i do is once always at 5pm (when in working) i work 4 hrs every day. Does not feeling the letdown could mean my supply is decreasing?
Nope.
And last my right breast has always been the one she drinks out of the most, i have tried offering the left but she drinks for a couple of minutes and switches.
Normal.
My boobs are significantly uneven, no matter what i wear it shows :/.
That means you've grown up to become a Real Girl! (Apologies to Pinnocchio!) REal Women are uneven. Also normal. My family considered perky and even to be reasons for pity; those were breasts that hadn't LIVED.
My left breast gets full maybe with an ounce or less and gets really bulgy, it gets hard under the nipple, and stays small even when full, what should i do about this. Sorry if this is too l

DO? Nothing at all! Welcome to the land of "Don't Mess With It." You're PERFECT, so no changing things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN